World champion Webster at Archway League awards
- Credit: Archant
Former BDO world champion Mark Webster dropped in to take on allcomers at the Archway & District League’s annual awards night.
Webster, who lifted the title i 2008, also took part in a Q&A session with tales from his professional career before handing out trophies.
The main honour went to Division One ‘invincibles’ Kennedy’s and the Caledonian Road outfit also claimed the Knockout Cup against Nicholas Nickelby and the pairs title thanks to Paul and PDC star George Killington.
Enkel Arms’ skipper Stuart Pickles won the Captain’s Cup and the singles title, overcoming Johnny Saunders of Kennedy’s in the final.
And Pickles also hit the most 180s for the season (eight) in a stellar campaign and had the fewest darts required for a leg win, finishing in 11.
You may also want to watch:
Royal Oak A’s Natalie West lifted the ladies’ crown after defeating Boston Arms’ Pam Doyle and British Legion’s John Martin was victorious in the Secretaries’ Cup.
Elsewhere, Doyles A scooped the Fours Cup as star man Randy Robinson scooped the highest finish accolade (150) and Tony Cullen, the ‘best pub grub’ winner, retained the Guvnor’s Cup for N19.
- 1 Police search for man who exposed himself on Islington 393 bus
- 2 Tollington Arms landlord relieved at rent moratorium extension
- 3 Appeal to trace missing Islington school girl, 14
- 4 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 5 Letters: Low Traffic Neighbourhoods - more points of view
- 6 'LTNs are killing us': Hundreds of Highbury traders sign petition
- 7 'It's crippling us': Islington's theatres and pubs disheartened by lockdown extension
- 8 Cult restaurant Eggslut set to open third London location
- 9 Islington shooting victim named
- 10 Doubling of Covid-19 cases in Islington sparks concern