World champion Webster at Archway League awards
- Credit: Archant
Former BDO world champion Mark Webster dropped in to take on allcomers at the Archway & District League’s annual awards night.
Webster, who lifted the title i 2008, also took part in a Q&A session with tales from his professional career before handing out trophies.
The main honour went to Division One ‘invincibles’ Kennedy’s and the Caledonian Road outfit also claimed the Knockout Cup against Nicholas Nickelby and the pairs title thanks to Paul and PDC star George Killington.
Enkel Arms’ skipper Stuart Pickles won the Captain’s Cup and the singles title, overcoming Johnny Saunders of Kennedy’s in the final.
And Pickles also hit the most 180s for the season (eight) in a stellar campaign and had the fewest darts required for a leg win, finishing in 11.
You may also want to watch:
Royal Oak A’s Natalie West lifted the ladies’ crown after defeating Boston Arms’ Pam Doyle and British Legion’s John Martin was victorious in the Secretaries’ Cup.
Elsewhere, Doyles A scooped the Fours Cup as star man Randy Robinson scooped the highest finish accolade (150) and Tony Cullen, the ‘best pub grub’ winner, retained the Guvnor’s Cup for N19.
- 1 Dangerous driving complaints spur Holloway right-turn bans
- 2 Two new sixth forms planned for Islington and Hackney
- 3 Emirates pop-up Covid-19 vaccine clinic opens for a second time
- 4 More than 1,000 knives surrendered in Islington’s knife bins
- 5 Former Islington BC Slavisa Gegic fighter visits his old club
- 6 Covid-19 cases start to drop off in Islington
- 7 Clapped in the street - and assaulted: Staff call for behaviour change in A&E
- 8 The situation in North London as Arsenal come up against Spurs
- 9 Escape in Islington this weekend: Lovely food and great new shows
- 10 Hundreds gather for Tony Eastlake funeral in Islington