Gharib bids to extend unbeaten start to pro career
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
The latest boxing news from Islington
Former Islington amateur Mo Gharib continues his pro career when he face Dean Evans at York Hall on Saturday.
The unbeaten lightweight, who had almost 100 amateur contests with four different lcubs in north London, competes on another busy Goodwin promotion.
Gharib was last in action in May when he outpointed Aleksandrs Birkenbergs of Latvia at the same venue.
*Former St Pancras amateur Davis Pagan returns to the ring at the Brentwood Centre on Saturday night on a Lee Eaton promotion.
You may also want to watch:
The super welterweight is due to face Nicaraguan rival Geiboord Omier, who has 31 defeats in 36 outings as a pro.
Pagan will be hoping the fight marks a return to winning ways having been beaten by Jan Balog in his previous bout.
- 1 Tollington Arms landlord relieved at rent moratorium extension
- 2 Police search for man who exposed himself on Islington 393 bus
- 3 Appeal to trace missing Islington school girl, 14
- 4 Letters: Low Traffic Neighbourhoods - more points of view
- 5 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 6 'LTNs are killing us': Hundreds of Highbury traders sign petition
- 7 Cult restaurant Eggslut set to open third London location
- 8 Letter: Saving green spaces from development
- 9 Man in hospital with potentially 'life-changing' injuries following stabbing
- 10 Islington shooting victim named
That was a second defeat for the 27-year-old since making his pro debut at York Hall in April 2016.
Pagan will want to avoid a third defeat this weekened when he faces Omier.