Gharib bids to extend unbeaten start to pro career
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
The latest boxing news from Islington
Former Islington amateur Mo Gharib continues his pro career when he face Dean Evans at York Hall on Saturday.
The unbeaten lightweight, who had almost 100 amateur contests with four different lcubs in north London, competes on another busy Goodwin promotion.
Gharib was last in action in May when he outpointed Aleksandrs Birkenbergs of Latvia at the same venue.
*Former St Pancras amateur Davis Pagan returns to the ring at the Brentwood Centre on Saturday night on a Lee Eaton promotion.
You may also want to watch:
The super welterweight is due to face Nicaraguan rival Geiboord Omier, who has 31 defeats in 36 outings as a pro.
Pagan will be hoping the fight marks a return to winning ways having been beaten by Jan Balog in his previous bout.
- 1 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 2 How some Islington tenants are losing their homes in a matter of minutes
- 3 Thousands of care home staff yet to be vaccinated in London
- 4 Finsbury Park man arrested on suspicion of second north London murder
- 5 Man killed in 'shooting' in north London
- 6 Petrol station forecourts closed and long queues in north London
- 7 New free map reveals the best walking routes in Hackney and Islington
- 8 Appeal to find four children missing from north London with father and grandmother
- 9 Police name Newham man fatally shot in Haringey
- 10 Stop the Burn: Protest planned against Edmonton incinerator rebuild
That was a second defeat for the 27-year-old since making his pro debut at York Hall in April 2016.
Pagan will want to avoid a third defeat this weekened when he faces Omier.