Loizou pleased with second half performance as Haringey Borough advance in FA Cup
- Credit: George Phillipou/TGS Photo
Haringey Borough manager Tom Loizou praised his side’s second half performance as they continued their strong start to the season with an FA Cup win at home to Herne Bay.
Loizou's side triumphed 3-0 over their lower league opponents, with Lionel Stone giving his side the lead before half time.
Georgios Aresti then added a second on 70 minutes before Anthony McDonald scored a third five minutes from time as Boro banked the £4,500 in prize money.
Haringey reached the first round proper last season, losing out to AFC Wimbledon, and will now face Staines Town at home in the second qualifying round.
"I was quite pleased with the second half performance, I wasn't that impressed with the first half," Loizou said.
You may also want to watch:
"It's the result that counts. The FA Cup is imperative for a little football club.
"Our confidence is high. We're not necessarily playing the best football but we're still getting wins.
- 1 'LTNs are killing us': Hundreds of Highbury traders sign petition
- 2 Man in hospital with potentially 'life-changing' injuries following stabbing
- 3 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 4 Appeal to trace missing Islington school girl, 14
- 5 Tollington Arms landlord relieved at rent moratorium extension
- 6 Police search for man who exposed himself on Islington 393 bus
- 7 Hackney photographer captures lockdown 'park life'
- 8 'No consultation': Anger Islington cricket pitch could replace park
- 9 'Obscene gestures and racist abuse' made at Islington Council meeting
- 10 Five times Islington has featured in films and TV series
"It's a home draw next and hopefully we can overcome them."