Loizou pleased with second half performance as Haringey Borough advance in FA Cup
- Credit: George Phillipou/TGS Photo
Haringey Borough manager Tom Loizou praised his side’s second half performance as they continued their strong start to the season with an FA Cup win at home to Herne Bay.
Loizou's side triumphed 3-0 over their lower league opponents, with Lionel Stone giving his side the lead before half time.
Georgios Aresti then added a second on 70 minutes before Anthony McDonald scored a third five minutes from time as Boro banked the £4,500 in prize money.
Haringey reached the first round proper last season, losing out to AFC Wimbledon, and will now face Staines Town at home in the second qualifying round.
"I was quite pleased with the second half performance, I wasn't that impressed with the first half," Loizou said.
You may also want to watch:
"It's the result that counts. The FA Cup is imperative for a little football club.
"Our confidence is high. We're not necessarily playing the best football but we're still getting wins.
- 1 'Proper old Islington boozer' voted best pub by readers
- 2 Kacem Mokrane: Islington man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 3 Trevi Ristorante scoops prize with readers' votes
- 4 Police looking to speak to man in connection with sexual assault
- 5 Man in Highbury court charged with shooting gun in High Holborn
- 6 Tony Eastlake: Man denies murder of ‘flower man of Islington’
- 7 Missing teenagers from Dagenham may be in Islington or Haringey
- 8 'Islington drivers – you don't always need to overtake cyclists'
- 9 Islington community charity launches with sunny street party
- 10 Covid delays Finsbury Park murder suspect's bail hearing
"It's a home draw next and hopefully we can overcome them."