Haringey Borough continue FA Cup run with visit of Staines Town
- Credit: George Phillipou/TGS Photo
Haringey Borough continue their FA Cup run on Saturday with the visit of Staines Town in the second qualifying round.
Tom Loizou's side beat Herne Bay 3-0 in the first qualifying round to set up the home tie with Staines and go into the tie off the back of a 1-1 Isthmian League Premier Division draw with Cray Wanderers.
The manager is hoping his side can continue to advance as they look to replicate their FA Cup run last season, when they reached the first round proper.
"It will be a tough game. We played them in pre-season and it was a 3-3 draw," Loizou said.
"One of our players was injured in that game and is still out now. He's still got the scars on his shins.
You may also want to watch:
"I don't expect anything different. I'm not expecting an easy game.
"We are a big scalp now. Anyone who thinks we deserve to win needs to think again.
- 1 Police cordon in place after Essex Road pub 'assault'
- 2 Petrol station forecourts closed and long queues in north London
- 3 How some Islington tenants are losing their homes in a matter of minutes
- 4 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 5 Thousands of care home staff yet to be vaccinated in London
- 6 Man killed in 'shooting' in north London
- 7 Finsbury Park man arrested on suspicion of second north London murder
- 8 New free map reveals the best walking routes in Hackney and Islington
- 9 Stop the Burn: Protest planned against Edmonton incinerator rebuild
- 10 Man jailed for rape of young girl in north London 40 years ago
"I'm confident in my squad and my players.
"It's early days yet. We could easily get knocked out but we could easily win and go on a cup run like last season."