Haringey Borough continue FA Cup run with visit of Staines Town
- Credit: George Phillipou/TGS Photo
Haringey Borough continue their FA Cup run on Saturday with the visit of Staines Town in the second qualifying round.
Tom Loizou's side beat Herne Bay 3-0 in the first qualifying round to set up the home tie with Staines and go into the tie off the back of a 1-1 Isthmian League Premier Division draw with Cray Wanderers.
The manager is hoping his side can continue to advance as they look to replicate their FA Cup run last season, when they reached the first round proper.
"It will be a tough game. We played them in pre-season and it was a 3-3 draw," Loizou said.
"One of our players was injured in that game and is still out now. He's still got the scars on his shins.
You may also want to watch:
"I don't expect anything different. I'm not expecting an easy game.
"We are a big scalp now. Anyone who thinks we deserve to win needs to think again.
- 1 Changes made to St Peter's LTN after Packington Estate used as rat run
- 2 Islington shooting victim named
- 3 Man in hospital with potentially 'life-changing' injuries following stabbing
- 4 Robert Rinder awarded MBE for his work on Holocaust education
- 5 Phone snatcher admits guilt after robberies in Islington, Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 6 Missing: Highgate woman known to frequent Camden and Islington areas
- 7 Rise in London Covid rates, but people aged 25-30 can book vaccine
- 8 Largest beer garden in North London being built for Euro 2020
- 9 Manor Gardens Welfare Trust CEO awarded British Empire Medal
- 10 Woman, 48, arrested over fatal stabbing of Islington flower seller
"I'm confident in my squad and my players.
"It's early days yet. We could easily get knocked out but we could easily win and go on a cup run like last season."