London Heathside enjoy best-ever Middlesex Cross-Country Championships
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
The latest news from the London Heathside Athletics Club
London Heathside enjoyed their most successful Middlesex Cross-Country Championships ever, taking 13 medals in total.
Rebecca Piggott took gold in the senior women’s race in a time of 30 minutes and 12 seconds.
There was a gold too for Jem O’Flaherty (19.10) in the men’s under-20 race, with Liam Garrett (19.21) and Sefyu Jamaal (19.23) making it an all-Heathside top three.
There were silver medals for Spike Blake (10.48) and Thomas Archer in the boys’ under-13 and boys’ under-15 races respectively.
You may also want to watch:
There was also plenty of team success for Heathside as Bunting contributed to a gold medal in the women’s event and further gold medals were won by the men’s under-20s and the under-11, under-13 and under-15 boys’ teams.
The under-15 girls’ team took silver in their race, while the under-17 boys’ squad came third in their division in a solid start to the New Year.
- 1 'No consultation': Anger Islington cricket pitch could replace park
- 2 Police search for man who exposed himself on Islington 393 bus
- 3 'Obscene gestures and racist abuse' made at Islington Council meeting
- 4 Islington house prices rise £30k during Covid-19 pandemic year
- 5 Five times Islington has featured in films and TV series
- 6 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 7 Appeal to trace missing Islington school girl, 14
- 8 Tollington Arms landlord relieved at rent moratorium extension
- 9 'LTNs are killing us': Hundreds of Highbury traders sign petition
- 10 Doubling of Covid-19 cases in Islington sparks concern