London Heathside enjoy best-ever Middlesex Cross-Country Championships
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
The latest news from the London Heathside Athletics Club
London Heathside enjoyed their most successful Middlesex Cross-Country Championships ever, taking 13 medals in total.
Rebecca Piggott took gold in the senior women’s race in a time of 30 minutes and 12 seconds.
There was a gold too for Jem O’Flaherty (19.10) in the men’s under-20 race, with Liam Garrett (19.21) and Sefyu Jamaal (19.23) making it an all-Heathside top three.
There were silver medals for Spike Blake (10.48) and Thomas Archer in the boys’ under-13 and boys’ under-15 races respectively.
You may also want to watch:
There was also plenty of team success for Heathside as Bunting contributed to a gold medal in the women’s event and further gold medals were won by the men’s under-20s and the under-11, under-13 and under-15 boys’ teams.
The under-15 girls’ team took silver in their race, while the under-17 boys’ squad came third in their division in a solid start to the New Year.
- 1 Police cordon in place after Essex Road pub 'assault'
- 2 Petrol station forecourts closed and long queues in north London
- 3 How some Islington tenants are losing their homes in a matter of minutes
- 4 Harassment trial: MP Claudia Webbe 'threatened to send naked photos of victim to her kids'
- 5 Two rescued from fire in Islington maisonette block
- 6 Petrol station forecourts closed in Islington amid warning: 'Drafting in the army will not end fuel crisis'
- 7 Finsbury Park man arrested on suspicion of second north London murder
- 8 Thousands of care home staff yet to be vaccinated in London
- 9 Man killed in 'shooting' in north London
- 10 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting