Higgins chalks up sixth straight win
- Credit: Philip Sharkey/TGSPHOTO
Former St Pancras ABC star Alan ‘Avalanche’ Higgins recorded his sixth straight win on Saturday with a comfortable points success over Latvia’s Raimonds Sniedze.
The pair threw left jabs and right hooks to both head and body, but it was Higgins who landed the better scoring punches throughout the six-round middleweight clash at York Hall.
A right hook to the head almost dropped Sniedze in the fifth round and the Latvian did well to survive to the bell, but the outcome was never in doubt.
Referee Robert Williams scored the contest in the Londoner’s favour by 59 points to 55 – the third time in a row that Higgins has been taken the distance.
“Overall I was pleased with my performance,” Higgins told the Gazette. “He was very tough – not someone who came to roll over and he gave me a good workout.”
You may also want to watch:
Higgins is lined up to box again in Marseille in November.
- 1 'No consultation': Anger Islington cricket pitch could replace park
- 2 'Obscene gestures and racist abuse' made at Islington Council meeting
- 3 Islington house prices rise £30k during Covid-19 pandemic year
- 4 Police search for man who exposed himself on Islington 393 bus
- 5 Five times Islington has featured in films and TV series
- 6 Appeal to trace missing Islington school girl, 14
- 7 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 8 Jailed: Businessman bombarded Jeremy Corbyn and other MPs with 'vile' emails
- 9 'LTNs are killing us': Hundreds of Highbury traders sign petition
- 10 Man in hospital with potentially 'life-changing' injuries following stabbing