Highgate Albion clinch another Senior Cup win
- Credit: Archant
Barnet Sunday Football League Senior Cup: Highgate Albion 2 Park Royals 0
Highgate Albion recently won the Barnet Sunday Football League Senior Cup with a 2-0 success against Park Royals.
The club, who are based at St Aloysius Sports Ground, had won the competition twice in the previous four years and made it three cup victories from the last five years on May 5.
A tense encounter took place at the Maurice Rebak Stadium, home of Bostik Premier outfit Wingate & Finchley.
Man of the match Lewis Toomey made two crucial tackles for Albion while Michael Coffey saw a shot blocked on the line by Park Royals in the first half as it remained goalless at the interval.
You may also want to watch:
Highgate started strongly after the break, but were indebted to goalkeeper Luke Ward, who made a crucial one-on-one save to keep the score 0-0.
Eventually the deadlock was broken and Albion went ahead thanks to an effort from Tage Kennedy.
- 1 'LTNs are killing us': Hundreds of Highbury traders sign petition
- 2 Doubling of Covid-19 cases in Islington sparks concern
- 3 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 4 Appeal to trace missing Islington school girl, 14
- 5 Thunderstorms, heavy rain forecast as Met Office issues yellow warnings
- 6 Man in hospital with potentially 'life-changing' injuries following stabbing
- 7 Cult restaurant Eggslut set to open third London location
- 8 Changes made to St Peter's LTN after Packington Estate used as rat run
- 9 Rise in London Covid rates, but people aged 25-30 can book vaccine
- 10 Phone snatcher admits guilt after robberies in Islington, Hackney and Tower Hamlets
Park Royals tried to push for an equaliser now, but in the 90th minute Highgate broke and countered well.
James Espirit held the ball up, rolled into Hassan Sheikh's path and he lashed into the top corner to spark wonderful scenes and seal a 2-0 win which earns the club more silverware