Highgate Albion clinch another Senior Cup win
- Credit: Archant
Barnet Sunday Football League Senior Cup: Highgate Albion 2 Park Royals 0
Highgate Albion recently won the Barnet Sunday Football League Senior Cup with a 2-0 success against Park Royals.
The club, who are based at St Aloysius Sports Ground, had won the competition twice in the previous four years and made it three cup victories from the last five years on May 5.
A tense encounter took place at the Maurice Rebak Stadium, home of Bostik Premier outfit Wingate & Finchley.
Man of the match Lewis Toomey made two crucial tackles for Albion while Michael Coffey saw a shot blocked on the line by Park Royals in the first half as it remained goalless at the interval.
You may also want to watch:
Highgate started strongly after the break, but were indebted to goalkeeper Luke Ward, who made a crucial one-on-one save to keep the score 0-0.
Eventually the deadlock was broken and Albion went ahead thanks to an effort from Tage Kennedy.
- 1 Man in Highbury court charged with shooting gun in High Holborn
- 2 Tony Eastlake: Man denies murder of ‘flower man of Islington’
- 3 Kacem Mokrane: Islington man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 4 Islington community charity launches with sunny street party
- 5 'Islington drivers – you don't always need to overtake cyclists'
- 6 Council fund boosts plans for Islington 'urban forest'
- 7 Consultation launches on St Peter’s people-friendly streets scheme
- 8 Missing teenagers from Dagenham may be in Islington or Haringey
- 9 Jeremy Corbyn joins campaign to protect human right Article 25
- 10 'We will miss you': Tufnell Park's Ruby Violet ice cream parlour to close
Park Royals tried to push for an equaliser now, but in the 90th minute Highgate broke and countered well.
James Espirit held the ball up, rolled into Hassan Sheikh's path and he lashed into the top corner to spark wonderful scenes and seal a 2-0 win which earns the club more silverware