Highgate Albion secure back-to-back league titles
- Credit: Archant
Adam Shahein’s team secured a second consecutive Premier Division championship with games to spare
Highgate Albion clinched another Barnet Sunday Football League Premier Division crown with a 4-1 win over Park Royals earlier this month.
The St Aloysius Sports Ground club made the trip to Hadley FC on May 15th knowing a victory would seal a third title in four seasons.
Despite the score being level at the break, Albion showed their class after the restart and cruised to a decisive three points.
Bertie Shelley put Royals ahead, but Ashley Dray levelled before half time, after Michael Coffey had been denied, and from then on Highgate never looked back.
You may also want to watch:
Man of the match Brandon McKenna put the visitors ahead early into the second period and Tage Kennedy put Albion on the verge of glory with a fine effort soon after.
The best was saved until last though, with a free-flowing move, including eight players, finished off by Bradley Osborne, who found the top corner to complete another league and cup double.
- 1 'LTNs are killing us': Hundreds of Highbury traders sign petition
- 2 Doubling of Covid-19 cases in Islington sparks concern
- 3 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 4 Appeal to trace missing Islington school girl, 14
- 5 Man in hospital with potentially 'life-changing' injuries following stabbing
- 6 Thunderstorms, heavy rain forecast as Met Office issues yellow warnings
- 7 Changes made to St Peter's LTN after Packington Estate used as rat run
- 8 Rise in London Covid rates, but people aged 25-30 can book vaccine
- 9 Cult restaurant Eggslut set to open third London location
- 10 Phone snatcher admits guilt after robberies in Islington, Hackney and Tower Hamlets