Highgate Albion secure back-to-back league titles
- Credit: Archant
Adam Shahein’s team secured a second consecutive Premier Division championship with games to spare
Highgate Albion clinched another Barnet Sunday Football League Premier Division crown with a 4-1 win over Park Royals earlier this month.
The St Aloysius Sports Ground club made the trip to Hadley FC on May 15th knowing a victory would seal a third title in four seasons.
Despite the score being level at the break, Albion showed their class after the restart and cruised to a decisive three points.
Bertie Shelley put Royals ahead, but Ashley Dray levelled before half time, after Michael Coffey had been denied, and from then on Highgate never looked back.
You may also want to watch:
Man of the match Brandon McKenna put the visitors ahead early into the second period and Tage Kennedy put Albion on the verge of glory with a fine effort soon after.
The best was saved until last though, with a free-flowing move, including eight players, finished off by Bradley Osborne, who found the top corner to complete another league and cup double.
- 1 Thousands of care home staff yet to be vaccinated in London
- 2 Man killed in 'shooting' in north London
- 3 How some Islington tenants are losing their homes in a matter of minutes
- 4 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 5 Finsbury Park man arrested on suspicion of second north London murder
- 6 Appeal to find four children missing from north London with father and grandmother
- 7 New free map reveals the best walking routes in Hackney and Islington
- 8 Islington: Housing team failed to answer 50% of calls during lockdown
- 9 Sadiq Khan warns of flooding threat to Islington from climate emergency
- 10 Police name Newham man fatally shot in Haringey