Highgate fall to comprehensive defeat after losing crucial toss
- Credit: George Phillipou/TGS Photo
Promotion-chasing Brentham made the most of the conditions at Shepherd’s Cot
Highgate had a day to forget in the Middlesex County Division Two last weekend on a tricky home wicket.
The Shepherd's Cot club were able to get their clash with promotion rivals Brentham on, but lost a crucial toss.
Put into bat, Highgate were soon in trouble on 24-2, but with Hasnain Ali digging in, they had hope of reaching a competitive total and setting a decent score.
Unfortunately he was out caught and bowled for 16 and Zahid Ali Khan didn't last long on his way to 17, which included two sixes.
You may also want to watch:
Aside from them two, the hosts had very little else to show for their batting efforts and were dismissed for 70 at the end of the 28th over.
It was never likely to be enough to prevent Brentham winning and they clinched the victory in the 16th over for the loss of only three wickets.
- 1 Hackney and Islington see another rise in Covid-19 cases
- 2 Taylor Cox 'wanted to play pro football until he was stabbed two years ago'
- 3 Launch date for Gordon Ramsay's Upper Street burger chain
- 4 Upper Street flat attack: Man, 58, stabbed in neck and back
- 5 Letters: Fighting to keep Wray Crescent Park available to all
- 6 Letters: Low Traffic Neighbourhood scheme
- 7 Police search for man who exposed himself on Islington 393 bus
- 8 Police investigate alleged Finsbury Park rape
- 9 Highbury woman repairs clothes outside H&M in stand against fast fashion
- 10 Largest beer garden in North London being built for Euro 2020
Syed Hasnain Shah picked up 2-21, but Highgate's defeat places them fifth and 21 points off last weekend's opponents, who stay in second.
Next up for the local club is a trip to Winchmore Hill.