Highgate fall to comprehensive defeat after losing crucial toss
- Credit: George Phillipou/TGS Photo
Promotion-chasing Brentham made the most of the conditions at Shepherd’s Cot
Highgate had a day to forget in the Middlesex County Division Two last weekend on a tricky home wicket.
The Shepherd's Cot club were able to get their clash with promotion rivals Brentham on, but lost a crucial toss.
Put into bat, Highgate were soon in trouble on 24-2, but with Hasnain Ali digging in, they had hope of reaching a competitive total and setting a decent score.
Unfortunately he was out caught and bowled for 16 and Zahid Ali Khan didn't last long on his way to 17, which included two sixes.
You may also want to watch:
Aside from them two, the hosts had very little else to show for their batting efforts and were dismissed for 70 at the end of the 28th over.
It was never likely to be enough to prevent Brentham winning and they clinched the victory in the 16th over for the loss of only three wickets.
- 1 Police cordon in place after Essex Road pub 'assault'
- 2 Petrol station forecourts closed and long queues in north London
- 3 How some Islington tenants are losing their homes in a matter of minutes
- 4 Thousands of care home staff yet to be vaccinated in London
- 5 Man killed in 'shooting' in north London
- 6 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 7 Finsbury Park man arrested on suspicion of second north London murder
- 8 Man jailed for rape of young girl in north London 40 years ago
- 9 Stop the Burn: Protest planned against Edmonton incinerator rebuild
- 10 Appeal to find four children missing from north London with father and grandmother
Syed Hasnain Shah picked up 2-21, but Highgate's defeat places them fifth and 21 points off last weekend's opponents, who stay in second.
Next up for the local club is a trip to Winchmore Hill.