Highgate hope for better in crunch clash with Brondesbury
- Credit: Archant
Ealing proved too strong for Muz Ali’s team last weekend, but they will aim to bounce back on Saturday
Highgate and Brondesbury will do battle this weekend in the Middlesex County League Premier Division and the loser will be all but down.
The Shepherd’s Cot club are bottom of the table with 27 points, but only two off this Saturday’s opponents and 18 off Twickenham in eighth.
Muz Ali’s team are in need of a win and will hope the 50-over format switch will boost their hopes of success.
Last weekend was the final all-day cricket match of the 2018 Middlesex League term and Highgate lost heavily at second-placed Ealing.
You may also want to watch:
The promotion chasing side won the toss, batted first and smashed 308-9 from 60 overs despite Uzair Amjaid’s 4-59.
In reply, Highgate were in trouble from the off and at one stage were 75-7 and on the verge of being out for less than a hundred.
- 1 Harassment trial: MP Claudia Webbe 'threatened to send naked photos of victim to her kids'
- 2 Police cordon in place after Essex Road pub 'assault'
- 3 Hundreds of activists descend on north London incinerator demanding end to rebuild
- 4 Two rescued from fire in Islington maisonette block
- 5 Petrol station forecourts closed in Islington amid warning: 'Drafting in the army will not end fuel crisis'
- 6 'I was not jealous': MP Claudia Webbe denies harrasment charge
- 7 How some Islington tenants are losing their homes in a matter of minutes
- 8 Eidevall says Arsenal put 'pressure on themselves' to deliver in big games
- 9 Islington dog stars in film that will be shown at London Film Festival
- 10 Man killed in 'shooting' in north London
Craig Gourlay continued his fine individual campaign with a patient 42 off 93 balls to give them hope.
Only Amjaid (23) and Malik Shahid Sadiq (21) could offer him support, however, as the visitors were all out for 160.