Highgate hope for better in crunch clash with Brondesbury
- Credit: Archant
Ealing proved too strong for Muz Ali’s team last weekend, but they will aim to bounce back on Saturday
Highgate and Brondesbury will do battle this weekend in the Middlesex County League Premier Division and the loser will be all but down.
The Shepherd’s Cot club are bottom of the table with 27 points, but only two off this Saturday’s opponents and 18 off Twickenham in eighth.
Muz Ali’s team are in need of a win and will hope the 50-over format switch will boost their hopes of success.
Last weekend was the final all-day cricket match of the 2018 Middlesex League term and Highgate lost heavily at second-placed Ealing.
You may also want to watch:
The promotion chasing side won the toss, batted first and smashed 308-9 from 60 overs despite Uzair Amjaid’s 4-59.
In reply, Highgate were in trouble from the off and at one stage were 75-7 and on the verge of being out for less than a hundred.
- 1 Man in hospital with potentially 'life-changing' injuries following stabbing
- 2 Changes made to St Peter's LTN after Packington Estate used as rat run
- 3 Islington shooting victim named
- 4 Rise in London Covid rates, but people aged 25-30 can book vaccine
- 5 Phone snatcher admits guilt after robberies in Islington, Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 6 Missing: Highgate woman known to frequent Camden and Islington areas
- 7 Largest beer garden in North London being built for Euro 2020
- 8 Murder investigation launched after teenager is shot in Islington
- 9 Islington is getting a big name restaurant
- 10 Woman, 48, arrested over fatal stabbing of Islington flower seller
Craig Gourlay continued his fine individual campaign with a patient 42 off 93 balls to give them hope.
Only Amjaid (23) and Malik Shahid Sadiq (21) could offer him support, however, as the visitors were all out for 160.