Highgate look to spoil the party for Crouch End
- Credit: George Phillipou/TGS Photo
Hasnain Ali will hope to be in the runs again and on the winning team this weekend
Highgate will hope to pull off a surprise on Saturday away to Middlesex County Division Two leaders Crouch End.
The Shepherd's Cot club have struggled for consistency in 2019, but produced one of their best displays this season at home to the title hopefuls on June 22.
Muz Ali's men scored 307-9 and restricted Crouch End to 233-7, coming away with five points after a winning-draw.
It will be tougher this time, though, with the hosts only needing three points to seal promotion to the top flight.
You may also want to watch:
Last weekend Highgate lost by 43 runs at home to rivals Hornsey despite a wonderful hundred by Hasnain Ali.
The away side were put in to bat first and responded with 274-8 despite economical figures from Uzair Amjaid of 1-26 off nine overs.
- 1 Man in Highbury court charged with shooting gun in High Holborn
- 2 Kacem Mokrane: Islington man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 3 Tony Eastlake: Man denies murder of ‘flower man of Islington’
- 4 Council fund boosts plans for Islington 'urban forest'
- 5 Islington community charity launches with sunny street party
- 6 'Islington drivers – you don't always need to overtake cyclists'
- 7 Missing teenagers from Dagenham may be in Islington or Haringey
- 8 Consultation launches on St Peter’s people-friendly streets scheme
- 9 Jeremy Corbyn joins campaign to protect human right Article 25
- 10 Aristocrat's daughter, 25, died unexpectedly after developing 'severe headache'
In reply wicket-keeper Ali gave them hope and struck a fine 104 off 113 balls, but had no signficant support.
Captain Ali scored 28 and Zahid Ali Khan 30, but they finished on 231-9 off 45 overs and sit eighth in the table.