Highgate look to spoil the party for Crouch End
- Credit: George Phillipou/TGS Photo
Hasnain Ali will hope to be in the runs again and on the winning team this weekend
Highgate will hope to pull off a surprise on Saturday away to Middlesex County Division Two leaders Crouch End.
The Shepherd's Cot club have struggled for consistency in 2019, but produced one of their best displays this season at home to the title hopefuls on June 22.
Muz Ali's men scored 307-9 and restricted Crouch End to 233-7, coming away with five points after a winning-draw.
It will be tougher this time, though, with the hosts only needing three points to seal promotion to the top flight.
You may also want to watch:
Last weekend Highgate lost by 43 runs at home to rivals Hornsey despite a wonderful hundred by Hasnain Ali.
The away side were put in to bat first and responded with 274-8 despite economical figures from Uzair Amjaid of 1-26 off nine overs.
- 1 'Obscene gestures and racist abuse' made at Islington Council meeting
- 2 'No consultation': Anger Islington cricket pitch could replace park
- 3 Islington house prices rise £30k during Covid-19 pandemic year
- 4 Five times Islington has featured in films and TV series
- 5 Police search for man who exposed himself on Islington 393 bus
- 6 Appeal to trace missing Islington school girl, 14
- 7 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 8 Jailed: Businessman bombarded Jeremy Corbyn and other MPs with 'vile' emails
- 9 Tollington Arms landlord relieved at rent moratorium extension
- 10 'LTNs are killing us': Hundreds of Highbury traders sign petition
In reply wicket-keeper Ali gave them hope and struck a fine 104 off 113 balls, but had no signficant support.
Captain Ali scored 28 and Zahid Ali Khan 30, but they finished on 231-9 off 45 overs and sit eighth in the table.