Highgate cruise past North London
- Credit: Archant
In-form Highgate cruised to a comfortable seven-wicket win at struggling North London in their Middlesex League Division Two derby at the weekend.
Fielding first, Highgate tore through the home side’s batting line-up to reduce them to 85-6.
David Monk and Scott Elstone shared the wickets to fall and, although opening batsman Hussain Shabbir made 36, North London were eventually dismissed for 155 in 53 overs.
Highate made light work of their pursuit, reaching their target in 34 overs, having lost just three wickets.
Shane McNamara and William Bowley fell cheaply in a nervous start, but opener Christopher Arul held firm and had good support from Scott Elstone.
You may also want to watch:
Both batsmen scored 71, with Arul finishing unbeaten as Highgate clinched victory to remain one point ahead of Enfield at the summit.
Highgate travel to Indian Gymkhana looking this weekend, as North London travel to Hornsey.
- 1 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 2 Changes made to St Peter's LTN after Packington Estate used as rat run
- 3 Man in hospital with potentially 'life-changing' injuries following stabbing
- 4 Islington shooting victim named
- 5 Rise in London Covid rates, but people aged 25-30 can book vaccine
- 6 Phone snatcher admits guilt after robberies in Islington, Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 7 Missing: Highgate woman known to frequent Camden and Islington areas
- 8 Manor Gardens Welfare Trust CEO awarded British Empire Medal
- 9 Doubling of Covid-19 cases in Islington sparks concern
- 10 Largest beer garden in North London being built for Euro 2020