Highgate cruise past North London
- Credit: Archant
In-form Highgate cruised to a comfortable seven-wicket win at struggling North London in their Middlesex League Division Two derby at the weekend.
Fielding first, Highgate tore through the home side’s batting line-up to reduce them to 85-6.
David Monk and Scott Elstone shared the wickets to fall and, although opening batsman Hussain Shabbir made 36, North London were eventually dismissed for 155 in 53 overs.
Highate made light work of their pursuit, reaching their target in 34 overs, having lost just three wickets.
Shane McNamara and William Bowley fell cheaply in a nervous start, but opener Christopher Arul held firm and had good support from Scott Elstone.
You may also want to watch:
Both batsmen scored 71, with Arul finishing unbeaten as Highgate clinched victory to remain one point ahead of Enfield at the summit.
Highgate travel to Indian Gymkhana looking this weekend, as North London travel to Hornsey.
- 1 'Proper old Islington boozer' voted best pub by readers
- 2 Kacem Mokrane: Islington man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 3 Trevi Ristorante scoops prize with readers' votes
- 4 Man in Highbury court charged with shooting gun in High Holborn
- 5 'Islington drivers – you don't always need to overtake cyclists'
- 6 Tony Eastlake: Man denies murder of ‘flower man of Islington’
- 7 Islington community charity launches with sunny street party
- 8 Dog Olympix 2021 raises more than £700 for a water fountain in Whittington Park
- 9 Missing teenagers from Dagenham may be in Islington or Haringey
- 10 Covid delays Finsbury Park murder suspect's bail hearing