Highgate draw positives against Hornsey
- Credit: George Phillipou/TGS Photo
Highgate earned the local bragging rights over Hornsey with a winning draw in their Middlesex League Division Two derby at Shepherd’s Cot.
Put into bat, they saw Christopher Arul (42) put on 93 with Shane McNamara (39) for the first wicket, only for the two to fall in quick succession to Paul Weekes.
Scott Elstone added 86 for the fourth wicket with captain Syed Muazam Ali (33) and finished unbeaten on 80 from 89 balls, hitting two sixes and eight fours.
David Monk (24 not out) put on an unbroken 53 for the sixth wicket as Highgate closed on 266-5, with Tahmid Islam (2-65) and Weekes (2-101) doing the bulk of the bowling for Hornsey.
Islam fell cheaply at the start of Hornsey’s reply, with James Bull (22) run out by Elstone. But Weekes put on 125 with Joe Emanuel, before falling eight runs short of a century to Malik Shahid Sadiq (2-35).
You may also want to watch:
Emanuel finished unbeaten on 55 as Hornsey closed well short of their target on 188 to take one point to Highgate’s five.
- 1 Helen Anderson: Finsbury Park murder victim's father pays tribute to his daughter
- 2 Police looking to speak to man in connection with sexual assault
- 3 'Proper old Islington boozer' voted best pub by readers
- 4 Kacem Mokrane: Islington man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 5 Mem and Laz Brasserie voted as readers' favourite restaurant
- 6 Trevi Ristorante scoops prize with readers' votes
- 7 Spot the '90s pop stars in the Never Mind the Buzzcocks identity parade
- 8 Home of the metre-long pizza opens in Finsbury Park
- 9 Aristocrat's daughter, 25, died unexpectedly after developing 'severe headache'
- 10 Tony Eastlake: Man denies murder of ‘flower man of Islington’