Highgate draw positives against Hornsey
- Credit: George Phillipou/TGS Photo
Highgate earned the local bragging rights over Hornsey with a winning draw in their Middlesex League Division Two derby at Shepherd’s Cot.
Put into bat, they saw Christopher Arul (42) put on 93 with Shane McNamara (39) for the first wicket, only for the two to fall in quick succession to Paul Weekes.
Scott Elstone added 86 for the fourth wicket with captain Syed Muazam Ali (33) and finished unbeaten on 80 from 89 balls, hitting two sixes and eight fours.
David Monk (24 not out) put on an unbroken 53 for the sixth wicket as Highgate closed on 266-5, with Tahmid Islam (2-65) and Weekes (2-101) doing the bulk of the bowling for Hornsey.
Islam fell cheaply at the start of Hornsey’s reply, with James Bull (22) run out by Elstone. But Weekes put on 125 with Joe Emanuel, before falling eight runs short of a century to Malik Shahid Sadiq (2-35).
You may also want to watch:
Emanuel finished unbeaten on 55 as Hornsey closed well short of their target on 188 to take one point to Highgate’s five.
- 1 Hackney and Islington see another rise in Covid-19 cases
- 2 Taylor Cox 'wanted to play pro football until he was stabbed two years ago'
- 3 Police search for man who exposed himself on Islington 393 bus
- 4 Disruptions to your journey by car and train around Islington and Hackney
- 5 Arsenal pub Tollington Arms listed 'to prevent it being turned into flats'
- 6 Highbury woman repairs clothes outside H&M in stand against fast fashion
- 7 Arsenal offers behind scenes tour of Emirates Stadium at Covid jab pop-up
- 8 Campaign groups link up for Hackney Town Hall anti-road closure demo
- 9 Largest beer garden in North London being built for Euro 2020
- 10 'No consultation': Anger Islington cricket pitch could replace park