Harriers’ Davidson enjoys memorable Middlesex championship
- Credit: Archant
The latest news from the Highgate Harriers Athletics Club
Highgate Harriers’ Alex Davidson collected two gold medals in the M50 category at the Middlesex Cross-Country Masters Championships.
Davidson finished in a time of 39 minutes and 18 seconds to win an individual gold medal in his age group.
The Harriers man then combined with club colleagues John O’Shea (44.18), Chris Bailey (51.32) and Martin Black (56.20) to take top honours in the team event.
To cap a memorable championship, Davidson was then named in the England squad for their upcoming Home International fixture.
You may also want to watch:
Harriers’ Sarah Bailey, meanwhile, took an individual gold medal in the F45 category after clocking a time of 33.11.
Elsewhere, Braham Pochee came second at the Morning Chasers 10k after finishing in 35.43 in Regents Park.
- 1 'Proper old Islington boozer' voted best pub by readers
- 2 Kacem Mokrane: Islington man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 3 Trevi Ristorante scoops prize with readers' votes
- 4 Man in Highbury court charged with shooting gun in High Holborn
- 5 Dog Olympix 2021 raises more than £700 for a water fountain in Whittington Park
- 6 'Islington drivers – you don't always need to overtake cyclists'
- 7 Islington community charity launches with sunny street party
- 8 Tony Eastlake: Man denies murder of ‘flower man of Islington’
- 9 Missing teenagers from Dagenham may be in Islington or Haringey
- 10 Mem and Laz Brasserie voted as readers' favourite restaurant
Rising high jump star Dominic Ogbechie produced another personal best to win the UK Indoor Junior Championships last month.
The 16-year-old won the national title with an effort 7.59m, surpassing his previous mark of 7.53m that Ogbechie set last year.