Harriers’ Davidson enjoys memorable Middlesex championship
- Credit: Archant
The latest news from the Highgate Harriers Athletics Club
Highgate Harriers’ Alex Davidson collected two gold medals in the M50 category at the Middlesex Cross-Country Masters Championships.
Davidson finished in a time of 39 minutes and 18 seconds to win an individual gold medal in his age group.
The Harriers man then combined with club colleagues John O’Shea (44.18), Chris Bailey (51.32) and Martin Black (56.20) to take top honours in the team event.
To cap a memorable championship, Davidson was then named in the England squad for their upcoming Home International fixture.
You may also want to watch:
Harriers’ Sarah Bailey, meanwhile, took an individual gold medal in the F45 category after clocking a time of 33.11.
Elsewhere, Braham Pochee came second at the Morning Chasers 10k after finishing in 35.43 in Regents Park.
- 1 Upper Street flat attack: Man, 58, stabbed in neck and back
- 2 Launch date for Gordon Ramsay's Upper Street burger chain
- 3 Finsbury Park sex assault: Man arrested on suspicion of rape
- 4 Survey: Where are the safest and most unsafe streets where you live?
- 5 Police investigate alleged Finsbury Park rape
- 6 Taylor Cox 'wanted to play pro football until he was stabbed two years ago'
- 7 Hackney and Islington see another rise in Covid-19 cases
- 8 Jeremy Corbyn echoes Iain Duncan Smith's call to review £1.2bn incinerator plans
- 9 Arsenal offers behind scenes tour of Emirates Stadium at Covid jab pop-up
- 10 Hundreds are heirs to an estate and may not even know
Rising high jump star Dominic Ogbechie produced another personal best to win the UK Indoor Junior Championships last month.
The 16-year-old won the national title with an effort 7.59m, surpassing his previous mark of 7.53m that Ogbechie set last year.