Highgate Harriers’ Gold a top five hit at Burnham Beeches half marathon
- Credit: Archant
The latest news from the Highgate Harriers athletics club
Highgate Harriers’ Nick Gold was a top five hit at the Burnham Beeches half-marathon on Sunday.
Gold came home in a time of 80 minutes and 27 seconds to place fifth in a field of almost 700 athletes.
Elsewhere, Roger Poolman maintained his fine form by coming fifth in the British Milers Gold Standard ‘A’ race in Milton Keynes on Saturday.
Poolman completed 5k in a time of 14.15, a massive improvement on his previous fastest time for the distance.
You may also want to watch:
Club colleague Joseph Lowe took in the London Pride Run, clocking 40.30 over 10k to place 76th in a field approaching 900 entrants.
Angelique Smet was also in action at the popular event and finished in 44.58 to come 198th overall.
- 1 Appeal to trace missing Islington school girl, 14
- 2 'LTNs are killing us': Hundreds of Highbury traders sign petition
- 3 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 4 Doubling of Covid-19 cases in Islington sparks concern
- 5 Letters: Low Traffic Neighbourhoods - more points of view
- 6 Tollington Arms landlord relieved at rent moratorium extension
- 7 Thunderstorms, heavy rain forecast as Met Office issues yellow warnings
- 8 Cult restaurant Eggslut set to open third London location
- 9 Man in hospital with potentially 'life-changing' injuries following stabbing
- 10 Phone snatcher admits guilt after robberies in Islington, Hackney and Tower Hamlets
In a result from last month, Harriers’ Alex Davidson finished first in the over-55 age group at the Self Transcendence 5k in Battersea after clocking a time of 17.38.
It certainly has been another busy period for all at Highgate Harriers.