Highgate Harriers’ Gold a top five hit at Burnham Beeches half marathon
- Credit: Archant
The latest news from the Highgate Harriers athletics club
Highgate Harriers’ Nick Gold was a top five hit at the Burnham Beeches half-marathon on Sunday.
Gold came home in a time of 80 minutes and 27 seconds to place fifth in a field of almost 700 athletes.
Elsewhere, Roger Poolman maintained his fine form by coming fifth in the British Milers Gold Standard ‘A’ race in Milton Keynes on Saturday.
Poolman completed 5k in a time of 14.15, a massive improvement on his previous fastest time for the distance.
You may also want to watch:
Club colleague Joseph Lowe took in the London Pride Run, clocking 40.30 over 10k to place 76th in a field approaching 900 entrants.
Angelique Smet was also in action at the popular event and finished in 44.58 to come 198th overall.
- 1 Man killed in 'shooting' in north London
- 2 Appeal to find four children missing from north London with father and grandmother
- 3 Letters on People Friendly Streets in St Peter's
- 4 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 5 Sadiq Khan warns of flooding threat to Islington from climate emergency
- 6 Thousands of care home staff yet to be vaccinated in London
- 7 Helen Anderson: Finsbury Park murder victim's father pays tribute to his daughter
- 8 Islington kids are being 'drawn into county lines drug smuggling'
- 9 Man jailed for rape of young girl in north London 40 years ago
- 10 Police looking to speak to man in connection with sexual assault
In a result from last month, Harriers’ Alex Davidson finished first in the over-55 age group at the Self Transcendence 5k in Battersea after clocking a time of 17.38.
It certainly has been another busy period for all at Highgate Harriers.