Highgate Harriers’ Poolman wins Golden Stag Mile
- Credit: Archant
The latest news from the Highgate Harriers club
Highgate Harriers athlete Roger Poolman was celebrating last week after winning the Barnet & District Golden Stag Mile in Finsbury Park on Friday.
The 26-year-old, who is a recent Cambridge University undergraduate, finished in a new meeting record of four minutes and 13 seconds to claim the win.
Poolman had to battle against some of the best runners from Barnet & District, including the likes of Tom Butler and Alexander Lepretre, but the Highgate Harriers member held his nerve to prevail.
Over-55 athlete Nadi Jahnagiri was also in action at the event in Finsbury Park and finished in a time of 5:39.
You may also want to watch:
Elsewhere, Highgate Harriers athlete Emma Burgess set a new personal best time over 5k by smashing her previous mark.
Competing at the BMC Regional Event in Eltham last weekend, Burgess clocked 17.17.
- 1 Upper Street flat attack: Man, 58, stabbed in neck and back
- 2 Launch date for Gordon Ramsay's Upper Street burger chain
- 3 Finsbury Park sex assault: Man arrested on suspicion of rape
- 4 Survey: Where are the safest and most unsafe streets where you live?
- 5 Police investigate alleged Finsbury Park rape
- 6 Taylor Cox 'wanted to play pro football until he was stabbed two years ago'
- 7 Hackney and Islington see another rise in Covid-19 cases
- 8 Jeremy Corbyn echoes Iain Duncan Smith's call to review £1.2bn incinerator plans
- 9 Arsenal offers behind scenes tour of Emirates Stadium at Covid jab pop-up
- 10 Hundreds are heirs to an estate and may not even know
Burgess’ previous best over the distance had been clocked in 2017 when she finished a 5k in 18.00.