Highgate claim team medals at Middlesex Cross-Country Championships
- Credit: Archant
The latest news from the Highgate Harriers
Highgate Harriers gained a silver medal in the women’s team event at the Middlesex County Cross-Country Championships in Greenford on Saturday.
Yasmin Goater led the charge for Highgate by coming third overall in a time of 30 minutes and 40 seconds.
Next home was Emma Burgess (31.30) in seventh, followed by Kani Hinshelwood (34.10), Sarah Bailey (34.24), Catherine Airey (35.33) and Natasha Cendrowicz (37.47).
There was also a medal for the men as they took bronze in the team event, led by Rob Wilson’s seventh-place finish in a time of 39.43.
You may also want to watch:
Jon Laybourn was the next Highgate man to finish in 40.46, with Sean Renfer (42.08), Darryl Davison (42.17), Nick Gold (43.58) and Alexander Holley (44.40) completing the scoring set.
The medals were a brilliant start to the year for runners in both the women’s and men’s teams for Highgate and one the Harriers will look to build on.
- 1 Man in Highbury court charged with shooting gun in High Holborn
- 2 Kacem Mokrane: Islington man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 3 Tony Eastlake: Man denies murder of ‘flower man of Islington’
- 4 Islington community charity launches with sunny street party
- 5 Council fund boosts plans for Islington 'urban forest'
- 6 'Islington drivers – you don't always need to overtake cyclists'
- 7 Consultation launches on St Peter’s people-friendly streets scheme
- 8 Missing teenagers from Dagenham may be in Islington or Haringey
- 9 Jeremy Corbyn joins campaign to protect human right Article 25
- 10 'We will miss you': Tufnell Park's Ruby Violet ice cream parlour to close