Highgate claim team medals at Middlesex Cross-Country Championships
- Credit: Archant
The latest news from the Highgate Harriers
Highgate Harriers gained a silver medal in the women’s team event at the Middlesex County Cross-Country Championships in Greenford on Saturday.
Yasmin Goater led the charge for Highgate by coming third overall in a time of 30 minutes and 40 seconds.
Next home was Emma Burgess (31.30) in seventh, followed by Kani Hinshelwood (34.10), Sarah Bailey (34.24), Catherine Airey (35.33) and Natasha Cendrowicz (37.47).
There was also a medal for the men as they took bronze in the team event, led by Rob Wilson’s seventh-place finish in a time of 39.43.
You may also want to watch:
Jon Laybourn was the next Highgate man to finish in 40.46, with Sean Renfer (42.08), Darryl Davison (42.17), Nick Gold (43.58) and Alexander Holley (44.40) completing the scoring set.
The medals were a brilliant start to the year for runners in both the women’s and men’s teams for Highgate and one the Harriers will look to build on.
- 1 'LTNs are killing us': Hundreds of Highbury traders sign petition
- 2 Appeal to trace missing Islington school girl, 14
- 3 Doubling of Covid-19 cases in Islington sparks concern
- 4 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 5 Thunderstorms, heavy rain forecast as Met Office issues yellow warnings
- 6 Letters: Low Traffic Neighbourhoods - more points of view
- 7 Tollington Arms landlord relieved at rent moratorium extension
- 8 Cult restaurant Eggslut set to open third London location
- 9 Man in hospital with potentially 'life-changing' injuries following stabbing
- 10 Changes made to St Peter's LTN after Packington Estate used as rat run