Highgate look to extend title lead
- Credit: Archant
Highgate will be hoping they can extend their lead at the top of the Middlesex County Cricket League Division Two as they face Barnes this weekend.
Captain Syed Muazam Ali and his side travel away to Barnes 16 points clear at the top of the table and are keen to extend that after missing out on the opportunity last weekend.
The side had their home game against mid-table Osterley called off without a ball being bowled due to poor weather.
The visitors won the toss and elected to bat first, before the decision was made to cancel the fixture between the two sides, leaving both sides with equal points.
Highgate will now look to continue their run of two wins and two draws in their last four matches, but will face a tough test, as fifth-place Barnes are also coming off the back of two wins and one draw.
You may also want to watch:
There is only six games left in the season and Highgate will be hoping to get one step closer to promotion.
- 1 Hackney and Islington see another rise in Covid-19 cases
- 2 Taylor Cox 'wanted to play pro football until he was stabbed two years ago'
- 3 Launch date for Gordon Ramsay's Upper Street burger chain
- 4 Letters: Fighting to keep Wray Crescent Park available to all
- 5 Letters: Low Traffic Neighbourhood scheme
- 6 Police search for man who exposed himself on Islington 393 bus
- 7 Highbury woman repairs clothes outside H&M in stand against fast fashion
- 8 Upper Street flat attack: Man, 58, stabbed in neck and back
- 9 Arsenal offers behind scenes tour of Emirates Stadium at Covid jab pop-up
- 10 Largest beer garden in North London being built for Euro 2020