Highgate return to winning ways
- Credit: George Phillipou/TGS Photo
Hasnain Ali and Sachin Rawson scored forties while Ed Foster and Uzair Amjaid picked up four wickets apiece
Highgate secured a hard-fought win at Osterley in the Middlesex County Division Two on Saturday.
After back-to-back draws, the Shepherd's Cot club returned to winning ways, but only after a dogged effort with bat and ball.
The hosts' won the toss and put Highgate into bat and the visitors were soon reduced to 12-2, but opener Hasnain Ali stood firm.
The wicket-keeper top scored with 47 off 85 balls and received support from Sandum Dias (36) as well as Zahid Ali Khan (33).
You may also want to watch:
After those three were out, Sachin Rawson stepped up and hit a crucial 42 to help Highgate reach 217 before he was the last man out at the end of the 54th over.
Osterley made a positive start to their chase and were 100-2, but Ed Foster (4-58) and Syed Hasnain Shah (2-25) made inroads and then Uzair Amjaid (4-57) blew away the tail.
- 1 Tollington Arms landlord relieved at rent moratorium extension
- 2 Police search for man who exposed himself on Islington 393 bus
- 3 Appeal to trace missing Islington school girl, 14
- 4 Letters: Low Traffic Neighbourhoods - more points of view
- 5 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 6 'LTNs are killing us': Hundreds of Highbury traders sign petition
- 7 Cult restaurant Eggslut set to open third London location
- 8 Letter: Saving green spaces from development
- 9 Man in hospital with potentially 'life-changing' injuries following stabbing
- 10 Islington shooting victim named
It saw Highgate dismiss the hosts for 159 and they will be back at Shepherd's Cot this weekend to host Brentham looking for a second straight victory.