Highgate return to winning ways
- Credit: George Phillipou/TGS Photo
Hasnain Ali and Sachin Rawson scored forties while Ed Foster and Uzair Amjaid picked up four wickets apiece
Highgate secured a hard-fought win at Osterley in the Middlesex County Division Two on Saturday.
After back-to-back draws, the Shepherd's Cot club returned to winning ways, but only after a dogged effort with bat and ball.
The hosts' won the toss and put Highgate into bat and the visitors were soon reduced to 12-2, but opener Hasnain Ali stood firm.
The wicket-keeper top scored with 47 off 85 balls and received support from Sandum Dias (36) as well as Zahid Ali Khan (33).
You may also want to watch:
After those three were out, Sachin Rawson stepped up and hit a crucial 42 to help Highgate reach 217 before he was the last man out at the end of the 54th over.
Osterley made a positive start to their chase and were 100-2, but Ed Foster (4-58) and Syed Hasnain Shah (2-25) made inroads and then Uzair Amjaid (4-57) blew away the tail.
- 1 Man killed in 'shooting' in north London
- 2 Appeal to find four children missing from north London with father and grandmother
- 3 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 4 Letters on People Friendly Streets in St Peter's
- 5 Sadiq Khan warns of flooding threat to Islington from climate emergency
- 6 Thousands of care home staff yet to be vaccinated in London
- 7 Islington kids are being 'drawn into county lines drug smuggling'
- 8 Helen Anderson: Finsbury Park murder victim's father pays tribute to his daughter
- 9 Man jailed for rape of young girl in north London 40 years ago
- 10 Police looking to speak to man in connection with sexual assault
It saw Highgate dismiss the hosts for 159 and they will be back at Shepherd's Cot this weekend to host Brentham looking for a second straight victory.