Highgate too good for Indian Gymkhana
- Credit: Archant
Highgate eased to a comfortable eight-wicket win over Indian Gymkhana in their latest Middlesex League Division Two outing.
Captain Syed Muazam Ali won the toss and put the home side into bat, then saw Edward Foster (3-32) strike three early blows with the new ball to leave them 22-3.
Malik Shahid Sadiq got in on the act with a fourth wicket with only 31 runs on the board, before home skipper Rakesh Khade put on 33 with Rana Khan (44).
Craig Gourlay (3-33) ended the resistance and David Monk (2-24) helped dismiss Gymkhana for 133 in 52 overs.
But Christopher Arul and Kulbir Gill fell cheaply to leave Highgate 18-2 in reply, giving Gymkhana some hope.
You may also want to watch:
It proved a false dawn for the hosts, though, as Shane McNamara and Scott Elstone shared an unbroken 116-run partnership to secure victory for Highgate in the 28th over.
Elstone was unbeaten on 70, hitting 14 fours in a 63-ball innings, as McNamara (51 not out) struck a six and seven fours and faced 89 deliveries.
- 1 Changes made to St Peter's LTN after Packington Estate used as rat run
- 2 Islington shooting victim named
- 3 Man in hospital with potentially 'life-changing' injuries following stabbing
- 4 Robert Rinder awarded MBE for his work on Holocaust education
- 5 Missing: Highgate woman known to frequent Camden and Islington areas
- 6 Phone snatcher admits guilt after robberies in Islington, Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 7 Big name restaurant hints at Islington opening
- 8 Murder investigation launched after teenager is shot in Islington
- 9 Rise in London Covid rates, but people aged 25-30 can book vaccine
- 10 Woman, 48, arrested over fatal stabbing of Islington flower seller