Highgate too good for Indian Gymkhana
- Credit: Archant
Highgate eased to a comfortable eight-wicket win over Indian Gymkhana in their latest Middlesex League Division Two outing.
Captain Syed Muazam Ali won the toss and put the home side into bat, then saw Edward Foster (3-32) strike three early blows with the new ball to leave them 22-3.
Malik Shahid Sadiq got in on the act with a fourth wicket with only 31 runs on the board, before home skipper Rakesh Khade put on 33 with Rana Khan (44).
Craig Gourlay (3-33) ended the resistance and David Monk (2-24) helped dismiss Gymkhana for 133 in 52 overs.
But Christopher Arul and Kulbir Gill fell cheaply to leave Highgate 18-2 in reply, giving Gymkhana some hope.
You may also want to watch:
It proved a false dawn for the hosts, though, as Shane McNamara and Scott Elstone shared an unbroken 116-run partnership to secure victory for Highgate in the 28th over.
Elstone was unbeaten on 70, hitting 14 fours in a 63-ball innings, as McNamara (51 not out) struck a six and seven fours and faced 89 deliveries.
- 1 Islington Council to press ahead with people friendly streets - despite disabled pleas
- 2 Call for action after scooter filmed riding on Islington pavement
- 3 Islington Council caretaker charged with rape and aggravated burglary
- 4 Clerkenwell fire: Margery Street office block blaze under investigation
- 5 Finsbury Park house to be transformed for ‘Halloween experience’
- 6 Tony Blair joins celebration to mark 101 years of Highbury Catholic church
- 7 Tree wardens to be recruited on every Islington estate 'to advocate for trees'
- 8 'Help! I found a lizard in my luggage after my holiday'
- 9 Stunning photos show how King's Cross has changed in 20 years
- 10 Run Kids Run: Huge fun run raises £40,000 for Islington primary schools