Highgate too hot for Enfield
- Credit: Archant
Highgate celebrated a crushing win over Enfield in their Middlesex League Division Two meeting at Shepherd’s Cot.
Christopher Arul hit 11 fours in his 52 from 67 balls, putting on 90 for the first wicket with Shane McNamara.
William Bowley clubbed 30 off 17 balls, with two sixes and three fours, and Scott Elstone hit 52 off 42 balls in a 121-run stand with McNamara.
The opener went on to score 145 from 142 deliveries, with a six and 24 fours, and was fifth man out with the total on 350 .
Highgate closed on 354-8, then saw Malik Shahid Sadiq break through with the ball with Enfield on 40.
You may also want to watch:
Elstone struck twice in three balls and picked up two more wickets after Craig Gourlay also had success, to leave the visitors 99-6.
Opener Jack Plumb fell one short of a half-century to David Monk (2-39), before Elstone (6-30) claimed the final two wickets to wrap up a 209-run triumph that leaves them 18 points clear at the top of the table.
- 1 Appeal to trace missing Islington school girl, 14
- 2 'LTNs are killing us': Hundreds of Highbury traders sign petition
- 3 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 4 Letters: Low Traffic Neighbourhoods - more points of view
- 5 Tollington Arms landlord relieved at rent moratorium extension
- 6 Doubling of Covid-19 cases in Islington sparks concern
- 7 Thunderstorms, heavy rain forecast as Met Office issues yellow warnings
- 8 Cult restaurant Eggslut set to open third London location
- 9 Man in hospital with potentially 'life-changing' injuries following stabbing
- 10 Phone snatcher admits guilt after robberies in Islington, Hackney and Tower Hamlets