Highgate too hot for Enfield
- Credit: Archant
Highgate celebrated a crushing win over Enfield in their Middlesex League Division Two meeting at Shepherd’s Cot.
Christopher Arul hit 11 fours in his 52 from 67 balls, putting on 90 for the first wicket with Shane McNamara.
William Bowley clubbed 30 off 17 balls, with two sixes and three fours, and Scott Elstone hit 52 off 42 balls in a 121-run stand with McNamara.
The opener went on to score 145 from 142 deliveries, with a six and 24 fours, and was fifth man out with the total on 350 .
Highgate closed on 354-8, then saw Malik Shahid Sadiq break through with the ball with Enfield on 40.
You may also want to watch:
Elstone struck twice in three balls and picked up two more wickets after Craig Gourlay also had success, to leave the visitors 99-6.
Opener Jack Plumb fell one short of a half-century to David Monk (2-39), before Elstone (6-30) claimed the final two wickets to wrap up a 209-run triumph that leaves them 18 points clear at the top of the table.
- 1 Man killed in 'shooting' in north London
- 2 Appeal to find four children missing from north London with father and grandmother
- 3 Letters on People Friendly Streets in St Peter's
- 4 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 5 Sadiq Khan warns of flooding threat to Islington from climate emergency
- 6 Thousands of care home staff yet to be vaccinated in London
- 7 Helen Anderson: Finsbury Park murder victim's father pays tribute to his daughter
- 8 Islington kids are being 'drawn into county lines drug smuggling'
- 9 Man jailed for rape of young girl in north London 40 years ago
- 10 Police looking to speak to man in connection with sexual assault