Highgate look to back up Finchley win when Twickenham visit
- Credit: Archant
Muz Ali’s men will seek to finish their Premier Division campaign with back-to-back victories
Highgate host Twickenham on Saturday in the Middlesex County League Premier Division eager to end a tough campaign on a high point.
The Shepherd’s Cot club had their relegation confirmed earlier this month, but will look to go out with a win at home to the seventh-placed outfit this weekend.
Last time out, Muz Ali’s men secured an impressive 24-run success at Finchley to seal only their third victory of the campaign.
Zaakir Khawaja was the star of the show for Highgate with a stunning 134 not out off 124 balls.
You may also want to watch:
It enabled the visitors to get up to 258-9 from their 50 overs with Misem Zaidi hitting the next best score of 29.
Finchley gave the chase a good go, but Uzair Amjaid halted their progress with 2-33 off 10 overs.
- 1 Police cordon in place after Essex Road pub 'assault'
- 2 Petrol station forecourts closed and long queues in north London
- 3 How some Islington tenants are losing their homes in a matter of minutes
- 4 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 5 Thousands of care home staff yet to be vaccinated in London
- 6 Man killed in 'shooting' in north London
- 7 Finsbury Park man arrested on suspicion of second north London murder
- 8 New free map reveals the best walking routes in Hackney and Islington
- 9 Stop the Burn: Protest planned against Edmonton incinerator rebuild
- 10 Appeal to find four children missing from north London with father and grandmother
Malik Saqid (1-41), David Monk (1-45), Billy Blyghton (1-42) and Zaidi (1-23) chipped in with crucial wickets too, yet the hosts looked on course for victory at 190-6 until Craig Gourlay claimed 4-33 to bowl them out for 234.