Highgate look to back up Finchley win when Twickenham visit
- Credit: Archant
Muz Ali’s men will seek to finish their Premier Division campaign with back-to-back victories
Highgate host Twickenham on Saturday in the Middlesex County League Premier Division eager to end a tough campaign on a high point.
The Shepherd’s Cot club had their relegation confirmed earlier this month, but will look to go out with a win at home to the seventh-placed outfit this weekend.
Last time out, Muz Ali’s men secured an impressive 24-run success at Finchley to seal only their third victory of the campaign.
Zaakir Khawaja was the star of the show for Highgate with a stunning 134 not out off 124 balls.
You may also want to watch:
It enabled the visitors to get up to 258-9 from their 50 overs with Misem Zaidi hitting the next best score of 29.
Finchley gave the chase a good go, but Uzair Amjaid halted their progress with 2-33 off 10 overs.
- 1 Changes made to St Peter's LTN after Packington Estate used as rat run
- 2 Islington shooting victim named
- 3 Robert Rinder awarded MBE for his work on Holocaust education
- 4 Man in hospital with potentially 'life-changing' injuries following stabbing
- 5 Missing: Highgate woman known to frequent Camden and Islington areas
- 6 Phone snatcher admits guilt after robberies in Islington, Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 7 Rise in London Covid rates, but people aged 25-30 can book vaccine
- 8 Big name restaurant hints at Islington opening
- 9 Murder investigation launched after teenager is shot in Islington
- 10 Man injured in Hornsey Rise shooting
Malik Saqid (1-41), David Monk (1-45), Billy Blyghton (1-42) and Zaidi (1-23) chipped in with crucial wickets too, yet the hosts looked on course for victory at 190-6 until Craig Gourlay claimed 4-33 to bowl them out for 234.