Highgate end on winning note with success over Twickenham
- Credit: Archant
Shepherd’s Cot outfit recorded a 208-run win at the weekend
Highgate ended the Middlesex County Premier Division season on a high with a 208-run victory at home to Twickenham.
With relegation having already been confirmed, the Shepherd’s Cot outfit could play without fear in the final league game of the term.
After losing the toss, Highgate were put into bat first, but a magnificent 102 from Craig Gourlay off 98 balls saw reach 227 before being all out.
Gourlay then shone with the ball, delivering a miserly spell that saw him record figures of 4-10 from just 4.5 overs as Twickenham were dismissed for 69 in reply.
You may also want to watch:
It was a fine way for the Shepherd’s Cot club to end what has been a difficult season, with the club finishing bottom of the table.
The win over Twickenham should also give Highgate confidence heading into next season, when they look to win promotion from Division Two.
- 1 Changes made to St Peter's LTN after Packington Estate used as rat run
- 2 Islington shooting victim named
- 3 Man in hospital with potentially 'life-changing' injuries following stabbing
- 4 Robert Rinder awarded MBE for his work on Holocaust education
- 5 Phone snatcher admits guilt after robberies in Islington, Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 6 Missing: Highgate woman known to frequent Camden and Islington areas
- 7 Rise in London Covid rates, but people aged 25-30 can book vaccine
- 8 Largest beer garden in North London being built for Euro 2020
- 9 Manor Gardens Welfare Trust CEO awarded British Empire Medal
- 10 Woman, 48, arrested over fatal stabbing of Islington flower seller
But for now, the Shepherd’s Cot club signed off from the top flight in style.