Highgate end on winning note with success over Twickenham
- Credit: Archant
Shepherd’s Cot outfit recorded a 208-run win at the weekend
Highgate ended the Middlesex County Premier Division season on a high with a 208-run victory at home to Twickenham.
With relegation having already been confirmed, the Shepherd’s Cot outfit could play without fear in the final league game of the term.
After losing the toss, Highgate were put into bat first, but a magnificent 102 from Craig Gourlay off 98 balls saw reach 227 before being all out.
Gourlay then shone with the ball, delivering a miserly spell that saw him record figures of 4-10 from just 4.5 overs as Twickenham were dismissed for 69 in reply.
You may also want to watch:
It was a fine way for the Shepherd’s Cot club to end what has been a difficult season, with the club finishing bottom of the table.
The win over Twickenham should also give Highgate confidence heading into next season, when they look to win promotion from Division Two.
- 1 Kacem Mokrane: Islington man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 2 Council fund boosts plans for Islington 'urban forest'
- 3 Man in Highbury court charged with shooting gun in High Holborn
- 4 Tony Eastlake: Man denies murder of ‘flower man of Islington’
- 5 Mem and Laz Brasserie voted as readers' favourite restaurant
- 6 Islington community charity launches with sunny street party
- 7 Missing teenagers from Dagenham may be in Islington or Haringey
- 8 Parliament Square demo: Protesters call on government to end cladding crisis
- 9 Met Office issues yellow warning for heavy showers in London
- 10 Spectrum to C5: How Clive Sinclair began the UK’s tech revolution from a house in Islington
But for now, the Shepherd’s Cot club signed off from the top flight in style.