Dias unable to inspire Highgate to success
- Credit: George Phillipou/TGS Photo
The number four made another contribution, but his innings of 60 could not prevent a six-wicket loss at Winchmore Hill
Sandum Dias continued his good form for Highgate on Saturday, but it failed to stop another Middlesex County Division Two loss.
The Shepherd's Cot club made the journey to Winchmore Hill and were defeated by six wickets after failing to defend 194.
Highgate captain Muz Ali won the toss and batted first, but the visitors were dismissed for 193 in the 51st over.
Dias - fresh from two big hundreds during the last six matches - was in the runs again and top scored with a rapid 60 off 51 balls.
You may also want to watch:
Opener Shane McNamara also chipped in with 55, but Syed Hasnain Shah (24) was the only other batsmen to score more than twenty.
Hosts' Winchmore didn't have many problems in reply, reaching their target in the 42nd over for the loss of just four wickets.
- 1 Changes made to St Peter's LTN after Packington Estate used as rat run
- 2 Islington shooting victim named
- 3 Robert Rinder awarded MBE for his work on Holocaust education
- 4 Man in hospital with potentially 'life-changing' injuries following stabbing
- 5 Missing: Highgate woman known to frequent Camden and Islington areas
- 6 Phone snatcher admits guilt after robberies in Islington, Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 7 Rise in London Covid rates, but people aged 25-30 can book vaccine
- 8 Big name restaurant hints at Islington opening
- 9 Murder investigation launched after teenager is shot in Islington
- 10 Man injured in Hornsey Rise shooting
Shah picked up 2-45 to back up his decent effort with the bat, but Highgate suffered a defeat for the second straight week.
Next up for Ali's seventh-placed team is a home clash with bottom of the table Eastcote on Saturday, which is crucial if last season's Premier Division outfit are to avoid back-to-back relegations.