Dias unable to inspire Highgate to success
- Credit: George Phillipou/TGS Photo
The number four made another contribution, but his innings of 60 could not prevent a six-wicket loss at Winchmore Hill
Sandum Dias continued his good form for Highgate on Saturday, but it failed to stop another Middlesex County Division Two loss.
The Shepherd's Cot club made the journey to Winchmore Hill and were defeated by six wickets after failing to defend 194.
Highgate captain Muz Ali won the toss and batted first, but the visitors were dismissed for 193 in the 51st over.
Dias - fresh from two big hundreds during the last six matches - was in the runs again and top scored with a rapid 60 off 51 balls.
You may also want to watch:
Opener Shane McNamara also chipped in with 55, but Syed Hasnain Shah (24) was the only other batsmen to score more than twenty.
Hosts' Winchmore didn't have many problems in reply, reaching their target in the 42nd over for the loss of just four wickets.
- 1 Man killed in 'shooting' in north London
- 2 Appeal to find four children missing from north London with father and grandmother
- 3 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 4 Man jailed for rape of young girl in north London 40 years ago
- 5 Helen Anderson: Finsbury Park murder victim's father pays tribute to his daughter
- 6 Why Arsenal's Leah Williamson is perfect England captain?
- 7 Islington kids are being 'drawn into county lines drug smuggling'
- 8 Kacem Mokrane: Islington man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 9 Disused Holloway garages converted into garment-making workspace
- 10 'Proper old Islington boozer' voted best pub by readers
Shah picked up 2-45 to back up his decent effort with the bat, but Highgate suffered a defeat for the second straight week.
Next up for Ali's seventh-placed team is a home clash with bottom of the table Eastcote on Saturday, which is crucial if last season's Premier Division outfit are to avoid back-to-back relegations.