Hornsey up to third after crucial victory
- Credit: George Phillipou/TGS Photo
Garfield Struthers scored 16 not out to help his team win for the third straight week
Hornsey have moved up to third in the Middlesex County Division Two after a pivotal win last weekend.
Most of the local cricket was washed out, but Tivoli Road survived and saw two rivals for promotion do battle.
Brondesbury travelled to Hornsey and a close contest occurred with the home side winning by four wickets.
Garfield Struthers won the toss and fielded first, with the visitors declaring on 182-6 off 35 overs largely thanks to 74 by opener Steven Martin.
You may also want to watch:
Habib Younis proved quite expensive with the ball, going for 32 runs off five overs, but he did claim four wickets.
In reply, bowler Lesbourne Edwards set about dropping anchor and found an ally in the shape of Gurpreet Basra.
- 1 Upper Street flat attack: Man, 58, stabbed in neck and back
- 2 Launch date for Gordon Ramsay's Upper Street burger chain
- 3 Taylor Cox 'wanted to play pro football until he was stabbed two years ago'
- 4 Hackney and Islington see another rise in Covid-19 cases
- 5 Finsbury Park sex assault: Man arrested on suspicion of rape
- 6 Police investigate alleged Finsbury Park rape
- 7 Survey: Where are the safest and most unsafe where you live?
- 8 Arsenal offers behind scenes tour of Emirates Stadium at Covid jab pop-up
- 9 Letters: Low Traffic Neighbourhood scheme
- 10 Letters: Fighting to keep Wray Crescent Park available to all
Basra smashed 10 fours and two maximums in a 48-ball innings of 65, but he was out with 78 more runs needed.
Edwards remained cool on his way to 48 not out and saw captain Struthers join him to get them over the line with time to spare.
Hornsey travel to Eastcote this weekend and Brondesbury visit Enfield.