Hornsey draw positives after going close
- Credit: Archant
Hornsey had to settle for a winning draw after coming up just short against Indian Gymkhana in their tense Middlesex League Division Two meeting.
The visitors chose to bat first and produced some steady partnerships throughout their innings to make 276-8 from 55 overs.
Tahmid Islam (3-69) proved the pick of the Hornsey attack, with George Everitt (2-51) nabbing a brace as Joe Emanuel, Tom Waine and Jack Bruce also had success with the ball.
But Gursharan Singh Gulshan fell cheaply in reply, before James Bull (38) put on 58 with Islam.
Garfield Struthers added a run-a-ball 28, including a six and three fours, in a 62-run partnership and Emmanuel combined with Islam to put on a further 55 for the fourth wicket.
You may also want to watch:
But after number three Islam fell for 116 from 115 balls, having hit a six and 15 fours, to leave Hornsey 239-6, the hosts lost momentum and closed on 272-8, five runs short of the victory target.
- 1 Changes made to St Peter's LTN after Packington Estate used as rat run
- 2 Islington shooting victim named
- 3 Robert Rinder awarded MBE for his work on Holocaust education
- 4 Man in hospital with potentially 'life-changing' injuries following stabbing
- 5 Missing: Highgate woman known to frequent Camden and Islington areas
- 6 Phone snatcher admits guilt after robberies in Islington, Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 7 Rise in London Covid rates, but people aged 25-30 can book vaccine
- 8 Big name restaurant hints at Islington opening
- 9 Murder investigation launched after teenager is shot in Islington
- 10 Man injured in Hornsey Rise shooting