Hornsey draw positives after going close
- Credit: Archant
Hornsey had to settle for a winning draw after coming up just short against Indian Gymkhana in their tense Middlesex League Division Two meeting.
The visitors chose to bat first and produced some steady partnerships throughout their innings to make 276-8 from 55 overs.
Tahmid Islam (3-69) proved the pick of the Hornsey attack, with George Everitt (2-51) nabbing a brace as Joe Emanuel, Tom Waine and Jack Bruce also had success with the ball.
But Gursharan Singh Gulshan fell cheaply in reply, before James Bull (38) put on 58 with Islam.
Garfield Struthers added a run-a-ball 28, including a six and three fours, in a 62-run partnership and Emmanuel combined with Islam to put on a further 55 for the fourth wicket.
You may also want to watch:
But after number three Islam fell for 116 from 115 balls, having hit a six and 15 fours, to leave Hornsey 239-6, the hosts lost momentum and closed on 272-8, five runs short of the victory target.
- 1 Man killed in 'shooting' in north London
- 2 Appeal to find four children missing from north London with father and grandmother
- 3 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 4 Letters on People Friendly Streets in St Peter's
- 5 Man jailed for rape of young girl in north London 40 years ago
- 6 Islington kids are being 'drawn into county lines drug smuggling'
- 7 Helen Anderson: Finsbury Park murder victim's father pays tribute to his daughter
- 8 Kacem Mokrane: Islington man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 9 Why Arsenal's Leah Williamson is perfect England captain?
- 10 Stop the Burn: Protest planned against Edmonton incinerator rebuild