Successful chase boosts Hornsey ahead of Enfield trip
- Credit: George Phillipou/TGS Photo
Joe Crame scored 98 to help Hornsey chase down 285 to win at home to Eastcote
Hornsey travel to Enfield on Saturday in the Middlesex County Division Two with confidence sky high.
The Tivoli Road club moved up to fourth in the table last weekend with a superb win at home to Eastcote.
Garfield Struthers' team chased down 285 with just two balls left to secure a 10-point victory - their second success of the 2019 campaign.
Eastcote won the toss and batted first, which proved a wise decision with opener Harpal Sagoo hitting 106 and both Rashard Fuller (45) and Stefan Saleem (46) scoring at a rapid rate.
You may also want to watch:
Bishal Bidduth impressed with 1-36 off nine overs and Jack Bruce claimed 2-58, but Hornsey faced a tough task to better the visitors 284-7 score.
Opener Joe Crame set about giving the hosts a chance and when he was dismissed for a brilliant 98, Casey Marsh hit a superb 74 off 61 balls.
- 1 Changes made to St Peter's LTN after Packington Estate used as rat run
- 2 Islington shooting victim named
- 3 Robert Rinder awarded MBE for his work on Holocaust education
- 4 Man in hospital with potentially 'life-changing' injuries following stabbing
- 5 Missing: Highgate woman known to frequent Camden and Islington areas
- 6 Phone snatcher admits guilt after robberies in Islington, Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 7 Big name restaurant hints at Islington opening
- 8 Rise in London Covid rates, but people aged 25-30 can book vaccine
- 9 Murder investigation launched after teenager is shot in Islington
- 10 Woman, 48, arrested over fatal stabbing of Islington flower seller
He couldn't see Hornsey over the finish line, but 10 not out by Arthur George and an unbeaten seven from Bruce saw them to victory and they will eye another at Enfield this weekend.