Successful chase boosts Hornsey ahead of Enfield trip
- Credit: George Phillipou/TGS Photo
Joe Crame scored 98 to help Hornsey chase down 285 to win at home to Eastcote
Hornsey travel to Enfield on Saturday in the Middlesex County Division Two with confidence sky high.
The Tivoli Road club moved up to fourth in the table last weekend with a superb win at home to Eastcote.
Garfield Struthers' team chased down 285 with just two balls left to secure a 10-point victory - their second success of the 2019 campaign.
Eastcote won the toss and batted first, which proved a wise decision with opener Harpal Sagoo hitting 106 and both Rashard Fuller (45) and Stefan Saleem (46) scoring at a rapid rate.
You may also want to watch:
Bishal Bidduth impressed with 1-36 off nine overs and Jack Bruce claimed 2-58, but Hornsey faced a tough task to better the visitors 284-7 score.
Opener Joe Crame set about giving the hosts a chance and when he was dismissed for a brilliant 98, Casey Marsh hit a superb 74 off 61 balls.
- 1 Islington Council to press ahead with people friendly streets - despite disabled pleas
- 2 Call for action after scooter filmed riding on Islington pavement
- 3 Islington Council caretaker charged with rape and aggravated burglary
- 4 Clerkenwell fire: Margery Street office block blaze under investigation
- 5 Finsbury Park house to be transformed for ‘Halloween experience’
- 6 Tony Blair joins celebration to mark 101 years of Highbury Catholic church
- 7 Tree wardens to be recruited on every Islington estate 'to advocate for trees'
- 8 'Help! I found a lizard in my luggage after my holiday'
- 9 Stunning photos show how King's Cross has changed in 20 years
- 10 Run Kids Run: Huge fun run raises £40,000 for Islington primary schools
He couldn't see Hornsey over the finish line, but 10 not out by Arthur George and an unbeaten seven from Bruce saw them to victory and they will eye another at Enfield this weekend.