Hornsey aim to continue charge towards top-two finish
- Credit: George Phillipou/TGS Photo
The Tivoli Road outfit edged closer to second-placed Brentham last weekend
Hornsey will look to close the gap some more on promotion rivals Brentham on Saturday in Middlesex League Division Two.
Garfield Struthers' side will host relegation-threatened Enfield desperate for a win, which would keep alive the club's outside chance of winning promotion.
The brilliant mid-season form of the Tivoli Road outfit has propelled them into the battle for a top-two finish and last weekend's draw away to Eastcote helped.
It was far from easy for the visitors, though, and although they were only 18 runs short of a victory come the conclusion, they did have a single wicket in hand.
You may also want to watch:
Bhasker Patel's 4-60 saw hosts Eastcote dismissed for 237 at the end of the 53rd over with Jack Bruce contributing with 2-53.
Hornsey's chase was led by Joseph Emanuel and he hit a brilliant 91-ball 97, but when he was caught three short of a deserved century, the away side had to bat out their overs for a winning draw.
- 1 Upper Street flat attack: Man, 58, stabbed in neck and back
- 2 Launch date for Gordon Ramsay's Upper Street burger chain
- 3 Finsbury Park sex assault: Man arrested on suspicion of rape
- 4 Survey: Where are the safest and most unsafe where you live?
- 5 Taylor Cox 'wanted to play pro football until he was stabbed two years ago'
- 6 Police investigate alleged Finsbury Park rape
- 7 Hackney and Islington see another rise in Covid-19 cases
- 8 Arsenal offers behind scenes tour of Emirates Stadium at Covid jab pop-up
- 9 Jeremy Corbyn echoes Iain Duncan Smith's call to review £1.2bn incinerator plans
- 10 Hundreds are heirs to an estate and may not even know