Struthers’ Hornsey all set for big showdown with second-placed Enfield
- Credit: George Phillipou/TGS Photo
The Tivoli Road club have enjoyed a fine 2018 campaign to date and defeated Osterley last time out
Hornsey are ready for a big fixture in the Middlesex County League Division Two on Saturday away to Enfield.
The two clubs are second and third in the table after eight games in 2018 with the hosts in the final promotion place on 59 points.
Garfield Struthers’ side are on 55 points after securing another positive result last time out at home to Osterley.
A close contest occurred at Tivoli Road and it took a fine fight back from Hornsey to take 12 points and the victory.
You may also want to watch:
Having called correct at the toss, Struthers decided to bat first and saw his team rack up 225-8 from 50 overs with Paul Weekes top scoring with 81.
James Bull (46) and number five Joe Emanuel (49) played crucial hands too as Hornsey set 226 to win.
- 1 Police cordon in place after Essex Road pub 'assault'
- 2 Petrol station forecourts closed and long queues in north London
- 3 How some Islington tenants are losing their homes in a matter of minutes
- 4 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 5 Thousands of care home staff yet to be vaccinated in London
- 6 Man killed in 'shooting' in north London
- 7 Finsbury Park man arrested on suspicion of second north London murder
- 8 New free map reveals the best walking routes in Hackney and Islington
- 9 Stop the Burn: Protest planned against Edmonton incinerator rebuild
- 10 Man jailed for rape of young girl in north London 40 years ago
At 187-4, Osterley looked all set for a successful chase, but Weekes showed his class with the ball to take 4-75 from 17 overs while Bhasker Patel picked up 5-75 to help dismiss the visitors for 205.
Hornsey will aim to back it up on Saturday when they visit second-placed Enfield.