Hornsey miss out on promotion despite win at Enfield
- Credit: George Phillipou/TGS Photo
Tivoli Road club won by three wickets last weekend
Hornsey missed out on promotion to the Middlesex County Premier Division — despite beating Enfield by three wickets in their final Division two game of the season
The Tivoli Road club went into the final day of the season knowing they still had a chance of finishing in the top two, but needed a win and other results to go their way.
Against Enfield, Hornsey were put into the field after losing the toss, but figures of 5-31 from Paul Weekes helped them restrict the hosts to 198-9.
Joe Emanuel then top scored with 54 in reply for the Tivoli Road club as they completed a successful chase in the 42nd over.
You may also want to watch:
Hornsey had done their job, but victories for both Stanmore and Harrow St Mary’s saw them miss out on a top-two finish by three points.
It means the Tivoli Road side will line up in the division again next season having finished fourth, and will look to challenge for promotion once more.
- 1 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 2 Doubling of Covid-19 cases in Islington sparks concern
- 3 Rise in London Covid rates, but people aged 25-30 can book vaccine
- 4 Changes made to St Peter's LTN after Packington Estate used as rat run
- 5 Man in hospital with potentially 'life-changing' injuries following stabbing
- 6 The Bridge London Trust chief exec Penny Barratt awarded OBE
- 7 Phone snatcher admits guilt after robberies in Islington, Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 8 Increased police presence in Islington after teenager shot in the head
- 9 Man injured in Hornsey Rise shooting
- 10 Woman, 48, arrested over fatal stabbing of Islington flower seller