Hornsey miss out on promotion despite win at Enfield
- Credit: George Phillipou/TGS Photo
Tivoli Road club won by three wickets last weekend
Hornsey missed out on promotion to the Middlesex County Premier Division — despite beating Enfield by three wickets in their final Division two game of the season
The Tivoli Road club went into the final day of the season knowing they still had a chance of finishing in the top two, but needed a win and other results to go their way.
Against Enfield, Hornsey were put into the field after losing the toss, but figures of 5-31 from Paul Weekes helped them restrict the hosts to 198-9.
Joe Emanuel then top scored with 54 in reply for the Tivoli Road club as they completed a successful chase in the 42nd over.
You may also want to watch:
Hornsey had done their job, but victories for both Stanmore and Harrow St Mary’s saw them miss out on a top-two finish by three points.
It means the Tivoli Road side will line up in the division again next season having finished fourth, and will look to challenge for promotion once more.
- 1 Harassment trial: MP Claudia Webbe 'threatened to send naked photos of victim to her kids'
- 2 Two rescued from fire in Islington maisonette block
- 3 Police cordon in place after Essex Road pub 'assault'
- 4 Petrol station forecourts closed in Islington amid warning: 'Drafting in the army will not end fuel crisis'
- 5 Petrol station forecourts closed and long queues in north London
- 6 Aldi Local to open in Dalston next month
- 7 How some Islington tenants are losing their homes in a matter of minutes
- 8 Finsbury Park man arrested on suspicion of second north London murder
- 9 Eidevall says Arsenal put 'pressure on themselves' to deliver in big games
- 10 Hundreds of activists descend on north London incinerator demanding end to rebuild