Hornsey enjoy derby spoils over North London
- Credit: Archant
Hornsey earned the local bragging rights over North London in their Middlesex League Division Two derby.
Captain Paul Weekes put the visitors into bat and saw Jack Bruce produce an inspired spell of bowling to claim 6-23.
Tahmid Islam (2-37) nabbed a brace, as James Battock (42 not out) top scored in North London’s 151.
Hussain Shabbir (26) and Jordan Gregory (23) were the only other batsmen to make much of an impact, but Hornsey slipped to 21-2 as Battcock (2-16) struck with the ball.
Islam (29) gave Weekes support in a 62-run stand, with Garfield Struthers adding an unbeaten 24 as the hosts secured a six-wicket win in the 42nd over.
You may also want to watch:
Weekes (73 not out) moved to 6,079 career runs in the league, putting him on the brink of becoming the highest run scorer according to available records.
Tom Simpson scored 6,079 runs for Brondesbury (2001-2014), with Weekes scoring 3,390 for Hampstead prior to joining Hornsey (2,689).
- 1 'Obscene gestures and racist abuse' made at Islington Council meeting
- 2 Police search for man who exposed himself on Islington 393 bus
- 3 'No consultation': Anger Islington cricket pitch could replace park
- 4 Five times Islington has featured in films and TV series
- 5 Tollington Arms landlord relieved at rent moratorium extension
- 6 Hackney photographer captures lockdown 'park life'
- 7 Appeal to trace missing Islington school girl, 14
- 8 Islington house prices rise £30k during Covid-19 pandemic year
- 9 'LTNs are killing us': Hundreds of Highbury traders sign petition
- 10 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox