Hornsey enjoy derby spoils over North London
- Credit: Archant
Hornsey earned the local bragging rights over North London in their Middlesex League Division Two derby.
Captain Paul Weekes put the visitors into bat and saw Jack Bruce produce an inspired spell of bowling to claim 6-23.
Tahmid Islam (2-37) nabbed a brace, as James Battock (42 not out) top scored in North London’s 151.
Hussain Shabbir (26) and Jordan Gregory (23) were the only other batsmen to make much of an impact, but Hornsey slipped to 21-2 as Battcock (2-16) struck with the ball.
Islam (29) gave Weekes support in a 62-run stand, with Garfield Struthers adding an unbeaten 24 as the hosts secured a six-wicket win in the 42nd over.
You may also want to watch:
Weekes (73 not out) moved to 6,079 career runs in the league, putting him on the brink of becoming the highest run scorer according to available records.
Tom Simpson scored 6,079 runs for Brondesbury (2001-2014), with Weekes scoring 3,390 for Hampstead prior to joining Hornsey (2,689).
- 1 Man killed in 'shooting' in north London
- 2 Appeal to find four children missing from north London with father and grandmother
- 3 Letters on People Friendly Streets in St Peter's
- 4 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 5 Thousands of care home staff yet to be vaccinated in London
- 6 Sadiq Khan warns of flooding threat to Islington from climate emergency
- 7 Helen Anderson: Finsbury Park murder victim's father pays tribute to his daughter
- 8 Islington kids are being 'drawn into county lines drug smuggling'
- 9 Man jailed for rape of young girl in north London 40 years ago
- 10 Police looking to speak to man in connection with sexual assault