Hornsey expect tough test against Osterley
- Credit: George Phillipou/TGS Photo
Hornsey will be expecting a tough test as they face mid-table Osterley in their Middlesex County Cricket League Division Two encounter this weekend.
Cheetan Patel and his team-mates travel away to Osterley on Saturday in hope of escaping a possible relegation scrap in the coming weeks.
The side’s fixture last weekend at home to Twickenham was abandoned, after winning the toss and electing to field, with the visitors having made 12-1 from 8.4 overs.
Hornsey will now to extend their three point gap on basement team North London and try get back to winning ways against Osterley, who currently sit in sixth place and 24 points ahead of Hornsey, as they head into the final six games.
Patel and his side will be desperate to pick-up a win with relegation rivals North London and Eastcote set to face each other this weekend.
You may also want to watch:
All three teams are separated by just three points going into the tail-end of the season.
- 1 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 2 Doubling of Covid-19 cases in Islington sparks concern
- 3 Rise in London Covid rates, but people aged 25-30 can book vaccine
- 4 Man in hospital with potentially 'life-changing' injuries following stabbing
- 5 Changes made to St Peter's LTN after Packington Estate used as rat run
- 6 The Bridge London Trust chief exec Penny Barratt awarded OBE
- 7 Phone snatcher admits guilt after robberies in Islington, Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 8 Islington shooting victim named
- 9 Man injured in Hornsey Rise shooting
- 10 Murder investigation launched after teenager is shot in Islington