Momentum with Hornsey ahead of trip to Osterley
- Credit: George Phillipou/TGS Photo
The Tivoli Road club are fourth in the table, but only nine points off leaders Brondesbury
Hornsey will hope to make ground on their Middlesex County Division Two rivals for promotion on Saturday.
Garfield Struthers' men visit Osterley looking to register a win which would hopefully see them close in on the leaders Brondesbury and Crouch End.
Last weekend, Hornsey had to settle for a draw at home to Highgate, but did manage to earn four points.
The Tivoli Road club were able to restrict the visitors to 188-9 after fine bowling by Lesbourne Edwards (5-32).
You may also want to watch:
Arthur George chipped in with 2-39 as well, but Hornsey ran out of time in the chase and finished on 139-5 with Bishal Bidduth top scoring with 52.
The result keeps them in fourth position on 38 points and just nine behind early pace-setters Brondesbury.
- 1 Disruptions to your journey by car and train around Islington and Hackney
- 2 Arsenal pub Tollington Arms listed 'to prevent it being turned into flats'
- 3 'No consultation': Anger Islington cricket pitch could replace park
- 4 'Obscene gestures and racist abuse' made at Islington Council meeting
- 5 Arsenal offers behind scenes tour of Emirates Stadium at Covid jab pop-up
- 6 Police search for man who exposed himself on Islington 393 bus
- 7 Largest beer garden in North London being built for Euro 2020
- 8 Five times Islington has featured in films and TV series
- 9 Campaign groups link up for Hackney Town Hall anti-road closure demo
- 10 Highbury woman repairs clothes outside H&M in stand against fast fashion
Hornsey's good form was unable to carry on into the Sunday though, as they lost at Waltham in the Bertie Joel Trophy second round.
The hosts posted 287-7 off 45 overs and Struthers' team in reply could only reach 180 before they were dismissed in the 39th over.