Hornsey targeting another lengthy winning run in Division Two
- Credit: Gavin Ellis/TGS Photo
Garfield Struthers host fifth-placed Osterley this weekend aiming to make it back-to-back victories
Hornsey will be hoping to get on another winning run after they got back on track in the Middlesex County League Division Two last weekend.
Garfield Struthers’ team got off to a great start this season and won three of their first four fixtures before they lost to Stanmore on June 2.
Another defeat followed on June 9 away to Southgate, but Hornsey got back on track on Saturday at home to Barnes.
The hosts lost the toss and were made to bat first and hit 223-6 from 50 overs with Joe Crame top scoring with 51.
You may also want to watch:
Paul Weekes (44), James Bull (42) and Jack Bruce (38*) also chipped in to help set a competitive target.
Barnes appeared to be on their way to victory at 184-6, but four wickets for the loss of only 19 runs saw Hornsey win by 20 runs.
- 1 'No consultation': Anger Islington cricket pitch could replace park
- 2 Police search for man who exposed himself on Islington 393 bus
- 3 'Obscene gestures and racist abuse' made at Islington Council meeting
- 4 Islington house prices rise £30k during Covid-19 pandemic year
- 5 Five times Islington has featured in films and TV series
- 6 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 7 Appeal to trace missing Islington school girl, 14
- 8 Tollington Arms landlord relieved at rent moratorium extension
- 9 'LTNs are killing us': Hundreds of Highbury traders sign petition
- 10 Doubling of Covid-19 cases in Islington sparks concern
Weekes (3-58), Bruce (3-61) and George Everitt (3-33) all delivered with the ball to give Struthers’ team another win.
Hornsey, who are third on 43 points, will be looking to make it back-to-back victories on Saturday when they host fifth-placed Osterley.