Hornsey targeting another lengthy winning run in Division Two
- Credit: Gavin Ellis/TGS Photo
Garfield Struthers host fifth-placed Osterley this weekend aiming to make it back-to-back victories
Hornsey will be hoping to get on another winning run after they got back on track in the Middlesex County League Division Two last weekend.
Garfield Struthers’ team got off to a great start this season and won three of their first four fixtures before they lost to Stanmore on June 2.
Another defeat followed on June 9 away to Southgate, but Hornsey got back on track on Saturday at home to Barnes.
The hosts lost the toss and were made to bat first and hit 223-6 from 50 overs with Joe Crame top scoring with 51.
You may also want to watch:
Paul Weekes (44), James Bull (42) and Jack Bruce (38*) also chipped in to help set a competitive target.
Barnes appeared to be on their way to victory at 184-6, but four wickets for the loss of only 19 runs saw Hornsey win by 20 runs.
- 1 Police cordon in place after Essex Road pub 'assault'
- 2 Petrol station forecourts closed and long queues in north London
- 3 How some Islington tenants are losing their homes in a matter of minutes
- 4 Harassment trial: MP Claudia Webbe 'threatened to send naked photos of victim to her kids'
- 5 Two rescued from fire in Islington maisonette block
- 6 Petrol station forecourts closed in Islington amid warning: 'Drafting in the army will not end fuel crisis'
- 7 Finsbury Park man arrested on suspicion of second north London murder
- 8 Thousands of care home staff yet to be vaccinated in London
- 9 Man killed in 'shooting' in north London
- 10 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
Weekes (3-58), Bruce (3-61) and George Everitt (3-33) all delivered with the ball to give Struthers’ team another win.
Hornsey, who are third on 43 points, will be looking to make it back-to-back victories on Saturday when they host fifth-placed Osterley.