Hornsey head to Osterley hoping to take promotion bid to final day
- Credit: Archant
If Garfield Struthers’ men can win this weekend, it will set up an exciting clash with Enfield on September 1
Hornsey travel to Osterley on Saturday looking to remain in a four-horse race to go up from the Middlesex County League Division Two.
Garfield Struthers’ improving side won again last weekend and although they are still in fourth place, they trail second in the table Stanmore by only seven points now.
Leaders Enfield are only a further four ahead too, so it is all to play for with two games of the season left.
On Saturday, Hornsey were also away, but they produced a strong display to win by six wickets at Barnes.
You may also want to watch:
The hosts’ won the toss and batted first, but could only get up to 119 before they were dismissed in the 38th over.
Joe Emanuel did most of the damage for Hornsey and took 4-19, but Jack Goldberg (1-27), Tom Waine (2-23) and Adrian Fawden (2-7) backed him up impressively.
- 1 Changes made to St Peter's LTN after Packington Estate used as rat run
- 2 Islington shooting victim named
- 3 Robert Rinder awarded MBE for his work on Holocaust education
- 4 Man in hospital with potentially 'life-changing' injuries following stabbing
- 5 Missing: Highgate woman known to frequent Camden and Islington areas
- 6 Phone snatcher admits guilt after robberies in Islington, Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 7 Rise in London Covid rates, but people aged 25-30 can book vaccine
- 8 Big name restaurant hints at Islington opening
- 9 Murder investigation launched after teenager is shot in Islington
- 10 Man injured in Hornsey Rise shooting
In reply, Emanuel also stole the show with a half-century, as he top scored with 54 after hitting eight fours and three sixes. It saw Struthers’ men win in the 19th over to keep alive their promotion hopes.