Hornsey head to Osterley hoping to take promotion bid to final day
- Credit: Archant
If Garfield Struthers’ men can win this weekend, it will set up an exciting clash with Enfield on September 1
Hornsey travel to Osterley on Saturday looking to remain in a four-horse race to go up from the Middlesex County League Division Two.
Garfield Struthers’ improving side won again last weekend and although they are still in fourth place, they trail second in the table Stanmore by only seven points now.
Leaders Enfield are only a further four ahead too, so it is all to play for with two games of the season left.
On Saturday, Hornsey were also away, but they produced a strong display to win by six wickets at Barnes.
You may also want to watch:
The hosts’ won the toss and batted first, but could only get up to 119 before they were dismissed in the 38th over.
Joe Emanuel did most of the damage for Hornsey and took 4-19, but Jack Goldberg (1-27), Tom Waine (2-23) and Adrian Fawden (2-7) backed him up impressively.
- 1 Police cordon in place after Essex Road pub 'assault'
- 2 Petrol station forecourts closed and long queues in north London
- 3 How some Islington tenants are losing their homes in a matter of minutes
- 4 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 5 Thousands of care home staff yet to be vaccinated in London
- 6 Man killed in 'shooting' in north London
- 7 Finsbury Park man arrested on suspicion of second north London murder
- 8 New free map reveals the best walking routes in Hackney and Islington
- 9 Stop the Burn: Protest planned against Edmonton incinerator rebuild
- 10 Appeal to find four children missing from north London with father and grandmother
In reply, Emanuel also stole the show with a half-century, as he top scored with 54 after hitting eight fours and three sixes. It saw Struthers’ men win in the 19th over to keep alive their promotion hopes.