Hornsey raise hopes with win over Harrow St Mary’s
- Credit: Archant
Hornsey secured a vital victory at Harrow St Mary’s in Middlesex League Division Two.
Ben Waine struck early with the new ball as the home side slumped to 29-3 after choosing to bar first.
The Harrow batsmen were unable to build any strong partnerships, with Sam Blennerhasset run out one short of his half-century.
Paul Weekes cleaned up the tail to finish with three wickets from his 21 overs as Harrow were dismissed for a below-par 168 in 54 overs.
Hornsey made it to 36-0 before Tahmid Islam was out lbw to Syed Khawar Ali Kazmi, who would go on to take a further five wickets.
You may also want to watch:
But captain Weekes led by example, hitting 70 off 123 balls to keep Hornsey on course, and Garfield Struthers added 27 to all but secure victory.
Kazmi nearly spoilt the party as he finished with 6-63, but Hornsey won with two wickets to spare, although they remain joint bottom with North London ahead of this weekend’s basement battle.
- 1 Changes made to St Peter's LTN after Packington Estate used as rat run
- 2 Islington shooting victim named
- 3 Man in hospital with potentially 'life-changing' injuries following stabbing
- 4 Robert Rinder awarded MBE for his work on Holocaust education
- 5 Missing: Highgate woman known to frequent Camden and Islington areas
- 6 Phone snatcher admits guilt after robberies in Islington, Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 7 Rise in London Covid rates, but people aged 25-30 can book vaccine
- 8 Largest beer garden in North London being built for Euro 2020
- 9 Manor Gardens Welfare Trust CEO awarded British Empire Medal
- 10 Woman, 48, arrested over fatal stabbing of Islington flower seller