Hornsey raise hopes with win over Harrow St Mary’s
- Credit: Archant
Hornsey secured a vital victory at Harrow St Mary’s in Middlesex League Division Two.
Ben Waine struck early with the new ball as the home side slumped to 29-3 after choosing to bar first.
The Harrow batsmen were unable to build any strong partnerships, with Sam Blennerhasset run out one short of his half-century.
Paul Weekes cleaned up the tail to finish with three wickets from his 21 overs as Harrow were dismissed for a below-par 168 in 54 overs.
Hornsey made it to 36-0 before Tahmid Islam was out lbw to Syed Khawar Ali Kazmi, who would go on to take a further five wickets.
You may also want to watch:
But captain Weekes led by example, hitting 70 off 123 balls to keep Hornsey on course, and Garfield Struthers added 27 to all but secure victory.
Kazmi nearly spoilt the party as he finished with 6-63, but Hornsey won with two wickets to spare, although they remain joint bottom with North London ahead of this weekend’s basement battle.
- 1 Man killed in 'shooting' in north London
- 2 Appeal to find four children missing from north London with father and grandmother
- 3 Man jailed for rape of young girl in north London 40 years ago
- 4 Helen Anderson: Finsbury Park murder victim's father pays tribute to his daughter
- 5 Disused Holloway garages converted into garment-making workspace
- 6 Prince Edward visits youth centre in Islington
- 7 Why Arsenal's Leah Williamson is perfect England captain?
- 8 Environment and equality at heart of council leader's new direction for Islington
- 9 Sadiq Khan urged to denounce £1.2bn Edmonton incinerator
- 10 Mem and Laz Brasserie voted as readers' favourite restaurant