Hudson quits as Kentish Town boss

Kentish Town’s triumph over Hanwell Town was in effect a testimonial to departing manager Rakatahr Hudson, who recently resigned as manager to concentrate on resurrecting his playing career.

Hudson managed Town for two years in the Spartan South Midlands Premier Division, helping the club avoid relegation last season, but will now return to play at semi-professional level.

“It was an emotional and tough decision to resign, but one I had to make,” said the departing Hudson.

“If it wasn’t for my determination to go back to playing then resigning would not even have crossed my mind. I have worked extremely hard to build the side we have and would have loved to push on with them.”

“I am so proud of the group we currently have at the club and feel privileged to have worked with such a great set of lads. I am delighted that I am able to bow out on a win and such a good run.”

You may also want to watch:

The appreciation between Hudson and the club was mutual, with chairman Catherine Dye after offering her appreciation after the match. She said: “I must say a very big thank you for the two years, he joined when the club was struggling and through sheer hard work has built a fine squad of players.”

“We wish him the very best for his future and he knows that he will always be welcomed back at the club.

Most Read

“He leaves us when we are on our best run of the past two seasons.”

Kentish Town were playing on high emotion – and this was palpable in the early intent that they showed.

The opening goal was the product of some good team play, with James Lindsay nodding in from close range.

Hudson’s final half-time team-talk did the trick as his side scored three times after the break. The raw intent and determination the team showed for their manager in the first half was refined into a more assured performance in the second, as goals from frontman Lee Scott, Karl Lewis and substitute Chinua Phinn- Archer secured the win.

Scott scored from the rebound of Lewis’ shot and then had the chance to double his own tally from the spot. After doing the hard work and sending the keeper the wrong way, he somehow missed the target sending his shot wide of the post.

The pick of the goals was scored by Lewis, who broke through down the left and lobbed the keeper with a fantastic finish. Late on, substitute Phinn-Archer hit the fourth with a volley at the far post.

Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter