Cricket: ‘Hugely disappointing’ day for Middlesex
- Credit: Gavin Ellis/TGS Photo
Middlesex batsman Steve Eskinazi admitted the first day of their County Championship Division Two clash at Sussex had been ‘hugely disappointing’.
Eskinazi top scored with 24 as the visitors were skittled for just 75 inside 22 overs, with Ollie Robinson claiming career-best figures of 8-34 for the home side.
Sussex slumped to 15-3 in reply, as Tim Murtagh and Toby Roland-Jones (2-34) had success, before Wells (52 not out) and Alex Carey (46 not out) saw them to the close at 128-3.
And Eskinazi said: "It was a hugely disappointing day for us. Hats off to Ollie Robinson, though, that was one of the best spells you will see in first-class cricket.
"He hit the same length over and over again and there was just enough seam movement for him as well. It was a very special spell, as good as you will see with the red ball.
You may also want to watch:
"But we have to be better than that. We've come back from situations like that in the past and we will have to do so again."
- 1 Low Traffic Islington coalition launched to support council's LTN roll-out
- 2 Seventh man charged with murder of Imani Allaway-Muir
- 3 Plans to chop down 70-year-old Islington mulberry tree paused
- 4 'This is the end of my political career': Richard Watts stands down
- 5 WATCH: Air ambulance called to Islington flat fire
- 6 Women offered home test kits in bid to cut cervical cancer deaths
- 7 Richard Watts to stand down as leader of Islington Council
- 8 Police force entry to alleged Islington 'house party' amid pandemic
- 9 Three strikes and you're out: Jail term for drug dealer
- 10 Islington HR company set to take on year-long fundraising drive