Cricket: ‘Hugely disappointing’ day for Middlesex
- Credit: Gavin Ellis/TGS Photo
Middlesex batsman Steve Eskinazi admitted the first day of their County Championship Division Two clash at Sussex had been ‘hugely disappointing’.
Eskinazi top scored with 24 as the visitors were skittled for just 75 inside 22 overs, with Ollie Robinson claiming career-best figures of 8-34 for the home side.
Sussex slumped to 15-3 in reply, as Tim Murtagh and Toby Roland-Jones (2-34) had success, before Wells (52 not out) and Alex Carey (46 not out) saw them to the close at 128-3.
And Eskinazi said: "It was a hugely disappointing day for us. Hats off to Ollie Robinson, though, that was one of the best spells you will see in first-class cricket.
"He hit the same length over and over again and there was just enough seam movement for him as well. It was a very special spell, as good as you will see with the red ball.
You may also want to watch:
"But we have to be better than that. We've come back from situations like that in the past and we will have to do so again."
- 1 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 2 Man in hospital with potentially 'life-changing' injuries following stabbing
- 3 Changes made to St Peter's LTN after Packington Estate used as rat run
- 4 Islington shooting victim named
- 5 Rise in London Covid rates, but people aged 25-30 can book vaccine
- 6 Phone snatcher admits guilt after robberies in Islington, Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 7 Missing: Highgate woman known to frequent Camden and Islington areas
- 8 Largest beer garden in North London being built for Euro 2020
- 9 Manor Gardens Welfare Trust CEO awarded British Empire Medal
- 10 Islington is getting a big name restaurant