Cricket: ‘Hugely disappointing’ day for Middlesex
- Credit: Gavin Ellis/TGS Photo
Middlesex batsman Steve Eskinazi admitted the first day of their County Championship Division Two clash at Sussex had been ‘hugely disappointing’.
Eskinazi top scored with 24 as the visitors were skittled for just 75 inside 22 overs, with Ollie Robinson claiming career-best figures of 8-34 for the home side.
Sussex slumped to 15-3 in reply, as Tim Murtagh and Toby Roland-Jones (2-34) had success, before Wells (52 not out) and Alex Carey (46 not out) saw them to the close at 128-3.
And Eskinazi said: "It was a hugely disappointing day for us. Hats off to Ollie Robinson, though, that was one of the best spells you will see in first-class cricket.
"He hit the same length over and over again and there was just enough seam movement for him as well. It was a very special spell, as good as you will see with the red ball.
You may also want to watch:
"But we have to be better than that. We've come back from situations like that in the past and we will have to do so again."
- 1 Hackney and Islington see another rise in Covid-19 cases
- 2 Taylor Cox 'wanted to play pro football until he was stabbed two years ago'
- 3 Police search for man who exposed himself on Islington 393 bus
- 4 Arsenal offers behind scenes tour of Emirates Stadium at Covid jab pop-up
- 5 Highbury woman repairs clothes outside H&M in stand against fast fashion
- 6 Disruptions to your journey by car and train around Islington and Hackney
- 7 Arsenal pub Tollington Arms listed 'to prevent it being turned into flats'
- 8 Largest beer garden in North London being built for Euro 2020
- 9 Letters: Fighting to keep Wray Crescent Park available to all
- 10 Campaign groups link up for Hackney Town Hall anti-road closure demo