Hunter hat-trick helps Isledon Wolves to rout Regent’s Park
- Credit: Archant
Alessandro Hunter rattled in a first-half hat-trick to set up a resounding victory as Isledon Wolves’ Under-nines hammered Regent’s Park 7-1.
Wolves pressed throughout and George Bennett and Sidney Kershaw-Shirley netted a brace apiece to complete the scoring.
Isledon Wolves Channons Under-13s celebrated their title success with a 2-0 win against Chapel Boys.
Jay Matate put Channons ahead and only some inspired goalkeeping kept them at bay until the second half, when man of the match Mearga Tesfai doubled their lead.
Isledon Wolves are holding trials for next season’s Under-eight, Under-nine and Under-10 age groups on Wednesdays at Market Road from 5.30pm to 7pm. Players should meet under the clock tower and those interested should contact Dave Byrne on 07980 912 634.
You may also want to watch:
Mo Asam maintained his excellent form with a hat-trick as Wolves Under-13s closed in on the Harrow Youth League title with a 6-3 victory away against St Andrew’s.
Denis Dervisoglu, Ali Mede and Sammy Kisunga also found the net, while William Sousa and Joel Chileshe were joint men of the match.
- 1 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 2 Doubling of Covid-19 cases in Islington sparks concern
- 3 Rise in London Covid rates, but people aged 25-30 can book vaccine
- 4 Changes made to St Peter's LTN after Packington Estate used as rat run
- 5 Man in hospital with potentially 'life-changing' injuries following stabbing
- 6 The Bridge London Trust chief exec Penny Barratt awarded OBE
- 7 Phone snatcher admits guilt after robberies in Islington, Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 8 Islington shooting victim named
- 9 Robert Rinder awarded MBE for his work on Holocaust education
- 10 Woman, 48, arrested over fatal stabbing of Islington flower seller
Gio Boffa netted a brace as Wolves Under-15s completed a disappointing campaign with a 4-4 draw against lowly Brunswick.
Eliezer Kafuti and Jake Mulholland were also on target, with Bassam Menhal providing two assists.