Isaacs puts unbeaten record on line against Saunders
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
The latest boxing news from Islington
Louis Isaacs will be chasing his fifth win in the paid ranks when he takes on super lightweight rival Rhys Saunders at York Hall on Saturday.
The Islington prospect has won all four of his bouts since turning professional in March last year, but remains on the lookout for his first knockout success.
The 21-year-old may hope that comes against Welsh foe Saunders on a British Warrior bill this weekend.
Also in action at York Hall on Saturday is former Islington captain Jeff Ofori who faces Jordan Ellison in a lightweight contest.
You may also want to watch:
Former St Pancras amateur Davis Pagan, meanwhile, takes on super welterweight rival Liam Griffiths.
*Ex-Islington amateur Shannon Courtenay will make her professional debut at the Copper Box Arena on March 23 after signing with Matchroom.
- 1 Man in hospital with potentially 'life-changing' injuries following stabbing
- 2 Changes made to St Peter's LTN after Packington Estate used as rat run
- 3 Islington shooting victim named
- 4 Phone snatcher admits guilt after robberies in Islington, Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 5 Missing: Highgate woman known to frequent Camden and Islington areas
- 6 Rise in London Covid rates, but people aged 25-30 can book vaccine
- 7 Largest beer garden in North London being built for Euro 2020
- 8 Woman, 48, arrested over fatal stabbing of Islington flower seller
- 9 Robert Rinder awarded MBE for his work on Holocaust education
- 10 Man injured in Hornsey Rise shooting
“With Katie Taylor and Nicola Adams making a name for themselves, women’s boxing is taking off and it’s a good time for me to turn pro,” said the former Haringey Box Cup champion.