Isaacs puts unbeaten record on line against Saunders
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
The latest boxing news from Islington
Louis Isaacs will be chasing his fifth win in the paid ranks when he takes on super lightweight rival Rhys Saunders at York Hall on Saturday.
The Islington prospect has won all four of his bouts since turning professional in March last year, but remains on the lookout for his first knockout success.
The 21-year-old may hope that comes against Welsh foe Saunders on a British Warrior bill this weekend.
Also in action at York Hall on Saturday is former Islington captain Jeff Ofori who faces Jordan Ellison in a lightweight contest.
You may also want to watch:
Former St Pancras amateur Davis Pagan, meanwhile, takes on super welterweight rival Liam Griffiths.
*Ex-Islington amateur Shannon Courtenay will make her professional debut at the Copper Box Arena on March 23 after signing with Matchroom.
- 1 Police cordon in place after Essex Road pub 'assault'
- 2 Petrol station forecourts closed and long queues in north London
- 3 How some Islington tenants are losing their homes in a matter of minutes
- 4 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 5 Thousands of care home staff yet to be vaccinated in London
- 6 Man killed in 'shooting' in north London
- 7 Finsbury Park man arrested on suspicion of second north London murder
- 8 New free map reveals the best walking routes in Hackney and Islington
- 9 Stop the Burn: Protest planned against Edmonton incinerator rebuild
- 10 Man jailed for rape of young girl in north London 40 years ago
“With Katie Taylor and Nicola Adams making a name for themselves, women’s boxing is taking off and it’s a good time for me to turn pro,” said the former Haringey Box Cup champion.