Isledon Wolves duo hit four goals apiece in Harefield hammering
Herbie Lea-Bramble and Bradley Carrete smashed in four goals apiece as Wolves’ Under-14s made a sensational start to the season by hammering Harefield.
Wolves’ midfield quartet of Carrete, Danai Kapfunde, Ethan Irvine and David Mehmeti repeatedly carved United open, while skipper Keiron Loughney and Jerry Gyebi held firm at the back.
Harvey Lea-Bramble, Mehmeti, Irvine, Kapfunde and Loughney all found the net, while a Harefield own goal completed the scoring.
Isledon Wolves: Stepien, Katsigazi, Campbell, Greene, Gyebi, Loughney, Mehmeti, Kapfunde, Irvine, Carrete, Macdonald, Harvey Lea-Bramble, Herbie Lea-Bramble.
William Sousa set the tone with a goal in the opening minute as Isledon Wolves Under-13s began their campaign with an 8-0 victory at Mill Hill Village.
You may also want to watch:
Alfie Lusardi grabbed a brace, while Sousa netted a second and Jack Cheeseman, Nicky Marshall, Hayden Miller and Michael Diver were also on target. Deon Marshall was man of the match.
Isledon Wolves: Akguc, Dervisoglu, Omar-Brandy, D Marshall, Cheeseman, Chileshe, Okwara, Lusardi, Asam, White-Sanches, Lourenco, Diver, Sousa, Kyei-Baafour, Miller, N Marshall.
- 1 'Proper old Islington boozer' voted best pub by readers
- 2 Trevi Ristorante scoops prize with readers' votes
- 3 Kacem Mokrane: Islington man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 4 Man in Highbury court charged with shooting gun in High Holborn
- 5 Dog Olympix 2021 raises more than £700 for a water fountain in Whittington Park
- 6 'Islington drivers – you don't always need to overtake cyclists'
- 7 Mem and Laz Brasserie voted as readers' favourite restaurant
- 8 Tony Eastlake: Man denies murder of ‘flower man of Islington’
- 9 Aristocrat's daughter, 25, died unexpectedly after developing 'severe headache'
- 10 Islington community charity launches with sunny street party
Sloppy defending sentenced Isledon Wolves’ Under-15s to their first opening-day loss in four years as they went down 5-4 at Ruislip Rangers.
Sang Pierre Gomez scored twice for the Wolves, with Mark Ikua and Kendick Loschner also finding the net, but it was not enough.
Isledon Wolves: Walsh, Sutton, Stipanovsky, Menhal, Barbour-Ricketts, Rashid, Mulholland, Boffa, Ikua, Miah, Gomez, Loschner.
A late winner from Ethan Stevens earned AC United Spartans Under-13s all three points in an evenly-contested match against Crown & Manor.
Both goalkeepers had to be alert as chances came and went at both ends, but the deadlock was eventually broken when Stevens scored two minutes from time.
AC United Spartans: Wickham, Feltham, Ndukuba, Cadden, Tumbridge, Marius-Hewitt, Stevens, Imansouren, Johnston.