Isledon Wolves on lookout for next star after success of former player
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Aiden O’Brien played for Wolves in youth career, but is now impressing for Millwall and the Republic of Ireland
With the new season just a few weeks old, Isledon Wolves remain on the lookout for the next star after seeing one of their former players hit the heights on the international scene.
At the age of 13, Aiden O’Brien was a sharp-shooting youngster who hit the winning goal to take his Isledon Wolves team into the final of a Camden youth cup.
Now 24, O’Brien is a regular for Millwall in the Sky Bet Championship and marked his debut for the Republic of Ireland earlier this month with a goal against Poland.
O’Brien won plenty of trophies during his time with Wolves, before being scouted by the Lions at the age of 14.
You may also want to watch:
His father Dave was one of Wolves’ founders when it started up in 2004 and continued with the club for the next decade.
“I believe it’s only a matter of time before the new crop of players produces a player who can follow Aiden’s footsteps into professional Football,” said the older O’Brien.
- 1 Disruptions to your journey by car and train around Islington and Hackney
- 2 Arsenal pub Tollington Arms listed 'to prevent it being turned into flats'
- 3 'No consultation': Anger Islington cricket pitch could replace park
- 4 'Obscene gestures and racist abuse' made at Islington Council meeting
- 5 Arsenal offers behind scenes tour of Emirates Stadium at Covid jab pop-up
- 6 Five times Islington has featured in films and TV series
- 7 Police search for man who exposed himself on Islington 393 bus
- 8 Islington district suffer heavy defeat to Greenwich in Lester Finch Trophy
- 9 Campaign groups link up for Hackney Town Hall anti-road closure demo
- 10 Highbury woman repairs clothes outside H&M in stand against fast fashion
In addition to the younger O’Brien, a number of other Wolves players have been professionally scouted over the years.
The latest is Franky Phillips, 10, who signed with Crystal Palace this season.
Isledon Wolves has five teams in the Camden & Islington Youth League, with a limited number of vacancies at under-eight, under-10 and under-11 age groups.
Visit isledonwolves.co.uk for more information.