Isledon Wolves recover from early blow to hit five against AC United
- Credit: Archant
Cameron Paul grabbed a quickfire brace as Isledon Wolves Under-10s recovered from an early setback to run out 5-1 winners against AC United in the Camden & Islington League.
Wolves struggled to get into the game after going 1-0 down, but George Bennett exchanged passes with Korey Allen before firing a thunderous equaliser just before half-time.
Paul then struck twice within five minutes of the restart and Bennett also added his second of the game before Alessandro Hunter made it 5-1, pouncing on the rebound from his own shot.
Wolves Under-nines crashed to their second defeat in a fortnight against Camden Elite, going down 2-0.
Elite struck twice on the counter-attack and the Wolves, who were second to every ball, were unable to mount any serious threat in response. Denis Whelan was their man of the match.
You may also want to watch:
Deon Marshall netted a hat-trick and Alfie Lusardi added two goals as Wolves Under-14s beat AFC 6-3 to end the year top of the table.
Mo Asam opened the scoring and Marshall and Lusardi both found the net to make it 3-0 before careless defending enabled AFC to reduce the deficit.
- 1 Helen Anderson: Finsbury Park murder victim's father pays tribute to his daughter
- 2 Man jailed for rape of young girl in north London 40 years ago
- 3 Police looking to speak to man in connection with sexual assault
- 4 Home of the metre-long pizza opens in Finsbury Park
- 5 Mem and Laz Brasserie voted as readers' favourite restaurant
- 6 Spot the '90s pop stars in the Never Mind the Buzzcocks identity parade
- 7 Kacem Mokrane: Islington man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 8 'Proper old Islington boozer' voted best pub by readers
- 9 Disused Holloway garages converted into garment-making workspace
- 10 Trevi Ristorante scoops prize with readers' votes
Marshall completed his treble and Lusardi hit number six before AFC pulled back another two goals. Jamie White-Sanches put in a strong performance in goal for Wolves.
Wolves Under-14s also remained top of the Harrow Youth League despite a below-par performance as they overcame a depleted Headstone Manor side 5-0.
Alfie Lusardi and Mo Asam both scored twice, while Deon Marshall was also on the scoresheet.
Michael Diver and William Sousa were the star performers for Wolves.
Isledon Wolves are seeking new players for their Under-eight and Under-nine teams at Market Road.
Training resumes on Sunday January 4 and anyone interested in joining the Wolves should contact Dave Byrne on 07980 912 634.