Isledon Wolves secure their first trophy after high-scoring final

Isledon Wolves Under-8s

Isledon Wolves Under-8s - Credit: Archant

Jesse Aldrich hit four goals as Isledon Wolves Under-eights claimed their first trophy by beating Futebol de Salao 7-4 in the inaugural Camden & Islington League Development Cup final.

FdS went in front, but Wolves soon took control of the game and they emerged triumphant, with Aldrich’s efforts backed up by a brace from Oscar Phillips and an own goal.

The league have staged the competition at Market Road as part of the FA’s development programme, with younger age groups competing in smaller teams and on smaller pitches.

In an exciting Under-nines final, two goals from Billy Osborn secured the trophy for Angel Islington with a 2-1 victory against The Hill NW3.

Regent’s Park were comfortable 4-0 winners against Soccerscool, with Eliot Abbas-Gilbert scoring twice and Jacob Baxandall and Timothee Castignede also on the mark.

You may also want to watch:

Herbie Lea-Bramble and Ethan Irvine hit hat-tricks as Isledon Wolves Under-14s ended the year on a high, hammering Regent’s Park 10-0.

Harvey Lea-Bramble and Danai Kapfunde both scored twice as Wolves adapted well to the wet surface. Skipper Keiron Loughney was their man of the match.

Most Read

Mearga Tesfai’s double helped Isledon Wolves Under-13 B (Channons) to stay within a point of the leaders with a 4-1 victory over Crown & Manor.

Tesfai opened the scoring and, although Manor hit back to make it 1-1 at half-time, a second for Tesfai, followed by goals from Hayden Miller and Terrell Lawrence-Newton, wrapped up the points for Channons.

Goalkeeper Alessandro Hunter produced two excellent saves to thwart Regent’s Park before Wolves’ Under-nines took control in the second half and ran out 2-0 winners.

Sidney Kershaw-Shirley waltzed past two opponents and crossed for Lenyn Patino to score the opener, with Cameron Paul curling in a superb free-kick to seal victory.

Wolves Under-12s paid the price for wasting their chances as they lost out to a late goal against St John’s Wood.

Rico Cinotti and Ben Barlow were both solid as the defence held out until the last minute, when St John’s Wood broke to scramble in the only goal of the game.

An impressive double from Frankie Sabine earned Lyndhurst Under-11s a 2-1 victory over the Heath and kept his side just a point off top spot in the table.

Aala Ezzedine, Nicholas O’Hara, Rees Jones and goalkeeper Harry Ward also caught the eye for Lyndhurst.

Tyler Howard grabbed his first goal of the season to set EC1 Youth Under-11s on their way to a comfortable 4-0 win against St John’s Wood.

Lewis Wain, who provided the assist for Howard’s opener, scored EC1’s second goal before second-half strikes from Percy Winter and Ben Julian sealed the points.

Goals from Oliver Heath, Charlie Nolan and Julian Sarmiento maintained Angel Islington Under-11s’ good run of form as they overcame Admiral 3-1.

Sammy Kisunga struck a superb hat-trick as Isledon Wolves Under-13s crushed Ruislip Town 7-2 to march into the Harrow Youth League Cup quarter-finals.

Flying winger Nicky Marshall grabbed a brace for the Wolves, while Sam Kyei-Baafour and Michael Diver also got their names on the scoresheet.

Man of the match Danai Kapfunde was on target as Wolves Under-14s retained top spot by defeating a physical Princes Park side 5-1.

Herbie Lea-Bramble netted two goals, with David Mehmeti and Cannan Macdonald also on target. Ethan Irvine, Jack Campbell and Jerry Gyebi were all outstanding for Wolves.

Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter