Islington Admiral start Invitation Cup in style
- Credit: Archant
Islington Admiral United got their Invitation Cup group campaign off to a flying start with a thumping 5-1 win over Regent Rovers.
The League Champions took the lead after just five minutes when Chris Bourne was in the right place to deflect the ball past the Rovers keeper.
Admiral created lots more chances before doubling their advantage on 35 minutes, Sam Donoghue firing home from 20 yards.
And they again proved wasteful in front of goal after the interval, with the third goal not arriving until 20 minutes to go.
Andrew White’s left wing cross found Jordy Ndjeka and he made no mistake with a precise finish.
You may also want to watch:
that deflated Rovers’ resistance and Jake King capped a fine personal performance by scoring the fourth two minutes later.
Donoghue found Bourne to complete Admiral’s scoring before the visitors grabbed a late consolation with a deflected free-kick that Jason Hartles had no chance of stopping.
- 1 Man killed in 'shooting' in north London
- 2 Appeal to find four children missing from north London with father and grandmother
- 3 Letters on People Friendly Streets in St Peter's
- 4 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 5 Sadiq Khan warns of flooding threat to Islington from climate emergency
- 6 Thousands of care home staff yet to be vaccinated in London
- 7 Helen Anderson: Finsbury Park murder victim's father pays tribute to his daughter
- 8 Islington kids are being 'drawn into county lines drug smuggling'
- 9 Man jailed for rape of young girl in north London 40 years ago
- 10 Police looking to speak to man in connection with sexual assault
Islington Admiral United: Hartles, Rifat, White, Ceylan, Skinner, Bryan, King, Bourne, Serwin, Donoghue, Ndjeka, O’Brien, Buraimoh, Edwards.