Islington Admiral start Invitation Cup in style
- Credit: Archant
Islington Admiral United got their Invitation Cup group campaign off to a flying start with a thumping 5-1 win over Regent Rovers.
The League Champions took the lead after just five minutes when Chris Bourne was in the right place to deflect the ball past the Rovers keeper.
Admiral created lots more chances before doubling their advantage on 35 minutes, Sam Donoghue firing home from 20 yards.
And they again proved wasteful in front of goal after the interval, with the third goal not arriving until 20 minutes to go.
Andrew White’s left wing cross found Jordy Ndjeka and he made no mistake with a precise finish.
You may also want to watch:
that deflated Rovers’ resistance and Jake King capped a fine personal performance by scoring the fourth two minutes later.
Donoghue found Bourne to complete Admiral’s scoring before the visitors grabbed a late consolation with a deflected free-kick that Jason Hartles had no chance of stopping.
- 1 Police search for man who exposed himself on Islington 393 bus
- 2 Tollington Arms landlord relieved at rent moratorium extension
- 3 Appeal to trace missing Islington school girl, 14
- 4 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 5 Letters: Low Traffic Neighbourhoods - more points of view
- 6 'LTNs are killing us': Hundreds of Highbury traders sign petition
- 7 Cult restaurant Eggslut set to open third London location
- 8 'It's crippling us': Islington's theatres and pubs disheartened by lockdown extension
- 9 Islington shooting victim named
- 10 Doubling of Covid-19 cases in Islington sparks concern
Islington Admiral United: Hartles, Rifat, White, Ceylan, Skinner, Bryan, King, Bourne, Serwin, Donoghue, Ndjeka, O’Brien, Buraimoh, Edwards.