Islington Admiral United cruise into second round of the Tom Keane Memorial Cup
- Credit: Archant
Islington Admiral United progressed into the second round of Tom Keane Memorial Cup after picking up a 4-1 victory in their first round clash against Murcielagos.
They got off to a great start by taking the lead after just five minutes, when goalkeeper Nick Gardner spotted Chris Bourne and picked him out with his long kick, before he lobbed the opposing keeper.
Murcielagos recovered their composure and kept Admiral at bay for the rest of the first half.
Admiral upped their pace after the interval and on 50 minutes White’s pinpoint pass was volleyed home by Alfie Francis.
Ten minutes later Liam Magwood’s excellent through pass found Bourne whose finish was precise and lethal.
You may also want to watch:
Bourne then turned provider after 65 minutes to create a goal for Mariusz Serwin to make it 4-0.
Murcielagos grabbed a goal back but Admiral held firm to progress through to and land a tie against Magical Vegas.
- 1 Man killed in 'shooting' in north London
- 2 Thousands of care home staff yet to be vaccinated in London
- 3 Appeal to find four children missing from north London with father and grandmother
- 4 Finsbury Park man arrested on suspicion of second north London murder
- 5 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 6 How some Islington tenants are losing their homes in a matter of minutes
- 7 Sadiq Khan warns of flooding threat to Islington from climate emergency
- 8 New free map reveals the best walking routes in Hackney and Islington
- 9 Letters on People Friendly Streets in St Peter's
- 10 Islington: Housing team failed to answer 50% of calls during lockdown