Islington Admiral United cruise into second round of the Tom Keane Memorial Cup
- Credit: Archant
Islington Admiral United progressed into the second round of Tom Keane Memorial Cup after picking up a 4-1 victory in their first round clash against Murcielagos.
They got off to a great start by taking the lead after just five minutes, when goalkeeper Nick Gardner spotted Chris Bourne and picked him out with his long kick, before he lobbed the opposing keeper.
Murcielagos recovered their composure and kept Admiral at bay for the rest of the first half.
Admiral upped their pace after the interval and on 50 minutes White’s pinpoint pass was volleyed home by Alfie Francis.
Ten minutes later Liam Magwood’s excellent through pass found Bourne whose finish was precise and lethal.
You may also want to watch:
Bourne then turned provider after 65 minutes to create a goal for Mariusz Serwin to make it 4-0.
Murcielagos grabbed a goal back but Admiral held firm to progress through to and land a tie against Magical Vegas.
- 1 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 2 Doubling of Covid-19 cases in Islington sparks concern
- 3 Rise in London Covid rates, but people aged 25-30 can book vaccine
- 4 Changes made to St Peter's LTN after Packington Estate used as rat run
- 5 Man in hospital with potentially 'life-changing' injuries following stabbing
- 6 The Bridge London Trust chief exec Penny Barratt awarded OBE
- 7 Phone snatcher admits guilt after robberies in Islington, Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 8 Woman, 48, arrested over fatal stabbing of Islington flower seller
- 9 Increased police presence in Islington after teenager shot in the head
- 10 Man injured in Hornsey Rise shooting