Islington BC enjoy Golden Girls Box Cup trip
- Credit: Archant
Islington BC won two gold and two silvers at the Golden Girls’ Box Cup in Sweden.
A team of five travelled with Lenny Hagland, Laura Weis and Amy Pu, as an official.
And Jem Campbell was crowned Golden Girl of the entire tournament after beating Ivanusa Moreira, Amy Greatore and Marianna Ahlborg to land elite under-69kg gold.
Alexandra Petcu moved up to the class B, under-75kg class and beat Randi Stolan with a first-round stoppage, followed by a unanimous points win over Kristin Sif.
Sunni Torgman beat Monika Schwarz on a 4-1 split in the elite under-60kg group, then Riikka Niemi 3-2, but was retired in the second round of the final against Valentina Bustamante and finished with silver.
You may also want to watch:
Emma Fitzgerald beat Taylor Johnson on points in class C, under-60kg, but lost to Kara Guomundsdottir in the final.
Tessa Jones lost to Madeleine Finnstro in their quarter-final but Pu was named best referee after retiring from competitive boxing.
- 1 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 2 Doubling of Covid-19 cases in Islington sparks concern
- 3 Rise in London Covid rates, but people aged 25-30 can book vaccine
- 4 Man in hospital with potentially 'life-changing' injuries following stabbing
- 5 Changes made to St Peter's LTN after Packington Estate used as rat run
- 6 Islington shooting victim named
- 7 The Bridge London Trust chief exec Penny Barratt awarded OBE
- 8 Phone snatcher admits guilt after robberies in Islington, Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 9 Missing: Highgate woman known to frequent Camden and Islington areas
- 10 Murder investigation launched after teenager is shot in Islington