Islington BC enjoy Golden Girls Box Cup trip
- Credit: Archant
Islington BC won two gold and two silvers at the Golden Girls’ Box Cup in Sweden.
A team of five travelled with Lenny Hagland, Laura Weis and Amy Pu, as an official.
And Jem Campbell was crowned Golden Girl of the entire tournament after beating Ivanusa Moreira, Amy Greatore and Marianna Ahlborg to land elite under-69kg gold.
Alexandra Petcu moved up to the class B, under-75kg class and beat Randi Stolan with a first-round stoppage, followed by a unanimous points win over Kristin Sif.
Sunni Torgman beat Monika Schwarz on a 4-1 split in the elite under-60kg group, then Riikka Niemi 3-2, but was retired in the second round of the final against Valentina Bustamante and finished with silver.
You may also want to watch:
Emma Fitzgerald beat Taylor Johnson on points in class C, under-60kg, but lost to Kara Guomundsdottir in the final.
Tessa Jones lost to Madeleine Finnstro in their quarter-final but Pu was named best referee after retiring from competitive boxing.
- 1 Man jailed for rape of young girl in north London 40 years ago
- 2 Helen Anderson: Finsbury Park murder victim's father pays tribute to his daughter
- 3 Police looking to speak to man in connection with sexual assault
- 4 Home of the metre-long pizza opens in Finsbury Park
- 5 Mem and Laz Brasserie voted as readers' favourite restaurant
- 6 Spot the '90s pop stars in the Never Mind the Buzzcocks identity parade
- 7 Disused Holloway garages converted into garment-making workspace
- 8 Kacem Mokrane: Islington man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 9 'Proper old Islington boozer' voted best pub by readers
- 10 Trevi Ristorante scoops prize with readers' votes