Islington BC enjoy Golden Girls Box Cup trip
- Credit: Archant
Islington BC won two gold and two silvers at the Golden Girls’ Box Cup in Sweden.
A team of five travelled with Lenny Hagland, Laura Weis and Amy Pu, as an official.
And Jem Campbell was crowned Golden Girl of the entire tournament after beating Ivanusa Moreira, Amy Greatore and Marianna Ahlborg to land elite under-69kg gold.
Alexandra Petcu moved up to the class B, under-75kg class and beat Randi Stolan with a first-round stoppage, followed by a unanimous points win over Kristin Sif.
Sunni Torgman beat Monika Schwarz on a 4-1 split in the elite under-60kg group, then Riikka Niemi 3-2, but was retired in the second round of the final against Valentina Bustamante and finished with silver.
You may also want to watch:
Emma Fitzgerald beat Taylor Johnson on points in class C, under-60kg, but lost to Kara Guomundsdottir in the final.
Tessa Jones lost to Madeleine Finnstro in their quarter-final but Pu was named best referee after retiring from competitive boxing.
- 1 Archway murder investigation launched as 15-year-old victim named
- 2 Teenager dies after stabbing in Archway
- 3 Islington man sentenced after spate of motorbike and bike thefts
- 4 Pictures: Scenes in Islington and Hackney after snowfall blankets London
- 5 Archway man jailed after causing 'totally avoidable' crash
- 6 Archway stabbing: 16-year-old arrested on suspicion of murder
- 7 High Court ruling 'will not directly impact' People Friendly Streets
- 8 Two 16-year-olds charged with murder of Islington student
- 9 Man dies after collapsing in Islington
- 10 Man wrestled to floor during attempted robbery in Finsbury Park