Islington BC’s Gegic extends unbeaten run
- Credit: Archant
Victory at Dagenham makes it a great eight
Islington BC’s Slavisa Gegic (69kg) remains undefeated in eight contests after picking up his latest win on the Dagenham ABC open show at Dagenham & Redbridge Football Club.
Gegic was up against Emmanuel Atuwagou, from the host club, who had experience in his favour.
And the Islington boxer enjoyed a comfortable opening round as he used his quality double jab and right hand combination punches to put Atuwagou on to the back foot.
In a closer second round, the Dagenham boxer came out firing wild shots and smothering Gegic in their clinches at times, making the Islington man uncomfortable and unable to work as much as he would like.
You may also want to watch:
But in the last round, Gegic scored well with some good eye-catching left and right shots to the head of his opponent, which the judges favoured as they scored him as the winner via a unanimous decision.
- 1 Man in hospital with potentially 'life-changing' injuries following stabbing
- 2 Changes made to St Peter's LTN after Packington Estate used as rat run
- 3 Islington shooting victim named
- 4 Rise in London Covid rates, but people aged 25-30 can book vaccine
- 5 Phone snatcher admits guilt after robberies in Islington, Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 6 Missing: Highgate woman known to frequent Camden and Islington areas
- 7 Largest beer garden in North London being built for Euro 2020
- 8 Islington is getting a big name restaurant
- 9 Murder investigation launched after teenager is shot in Islington
- 10 Man injured in Hornsey Rise shooting