Islington BC youngsters are impressive yet again on busy another weekend in the ring
- Credit: Archant
Islington Boxing Club had another busy weekend of action with fighters celebrating success on different shows.
First up was a trip to nearby Lion ABC for the show at their gym in Hoxton on Saturday.
Alfie Suksiri, 10, had a skills contest at 27kg against Frankie Clark Meenan from the host club and produced an impressive display of boxing.
Clubmate John McDonagh, 14, was up next in a 56kg contest against Eden Ford from the East London Boxing Academy and earned a unanimous points victory.
McDonagh controlled proceedings throughout the contest, using his jab with good effect, and forcing Ford to receive a pair of standing eight counts on his way to success.
You may also want to watch:
Meanwhile, the 17-year-old Bob Miah was in action on the Jubilee ABC show at Faraday Social Club in Slough on the same day, where he took on Dettori Brown (Hoddesdon BC) in another 56kg contest.
And the ever-improving Miah won all three rounds on his way to a unanimous points triumph and also came away with the best boxer of the day award.
- 1 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 2 How some Islington tenants are losing their homes in a matter of minutes
- 3 Thousands of care home staff yet to be vaccinated in London
- 4 Finsbury Park man arrested on suspicion of second north London murder
- 5 Man killed in 'shooting' in north London
- 6 New free map reveals the best walking routes in Hackney and Islington
- 7 Petrol station forecourts closed and long queues in north London
- 8 Appeal to find four children missing from north London with father and grandmother
- 9 Police name Newham man fatally shot in Haringey
- 10 Man jailed for rape of young girl in north London 40 years ago
Completing the Islington line-up at the weekend was 18-year-old Connor Daly, who made the long journey up to Newark on Sunday.
But it proved a disappointing trip as he was beaten on a split decision by Daniel Canter from host club Epic Golden Gloves ABC in their 52kg bout at Magnus School.