Islington Borough girls book cup final spot
- Credit: Archant
Islington Borough under-11s booked their place in the final fo the Capital Girls’ League Cup with a 1-0 victory over Vicky Park Rangers.
After a shaky start, they claimed the only goal of the semi-final tie when Isabel Doolan broke through and delivered a great cross for captain Florrie Winfield to send into the top right hand corner of the net.
Great work from Evie Seabrook, Charlotte Kendrick and Marnie Edmunds kept Islington going forward, with Isabelle Smith twice going close.
The second half saw new addition Sophie Afshar denied by a fingertip save from the home keeper, while Maddie Thurlow delivered some great crosses from the left that saw Doolan go close.
And Charlotte Nicolas denied Rangers a reply with a great tackle as they looked to profit on a counter-attack.
You may also want to watch:
An Islington Borough club spokesperson said: “A huge well done to all the players who continue their fight into the final!”
- 1 'Proper old Islington boozer' voted best pub by readers
- 2 Kacem Mokrane: Islington man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 3 Man in Highbury court charged with shooting gun in High Holborn
- 4 Met Office issues yellow warning for heavy showers in London
- 5 Mem and Laz Brasserie voted as readers' favourite restaurant
- 6 Spectrum to C5: How Clive Sinclair began the UK’s tech revolution from a house in Islington
- 7 Trevi Ristorante scoops prize with readers' votes
- 8 Tony Eastlake: Man denies murder of ‘flower man of Islington’
- 9 Missing teenagers from Dagenham may be in Islington or Haringey
- 10 Council fund boosts plans for Islington 'urban forest'