Islington Borough girls book cup final spot
- Credit: Archant
Islington Borough under-11s booked their place in the final fo the Capital Girls’ League Cup with a 1-0 victory over Vicky Park Rangers.
After a shaky start, they claimed the only goal of the semi-final tie when Isabel Doolan broke through and delivered a great cross for captain Florrie Winfield to send into the top right hand corner of the net.
Great work from Evie Seabrook, Charlotte Kendrick and Marnie Edmunds kept Islington going forward, with Isabelle Smith twice going close.
The second half saw new addition Sophie Afshar denied by a fingertip save from the home keeper, while Maddie Thurlow delivered some great crosses from the left that saw Doolan go close.
And Charlotte Nicolas denied Rangers a reply with a great tackle as they looked to profit on a counter-attack.
You may also want to watch:
An Islington Borough club spokesperson said: “A huge well done to all the players who continue their fight into the final!”
- 1 Doubling of Covid-19 cases in Islington sparks concern
- 2 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 3 'LTNs are killing us': Hundreds of Highbury traders sign petition
- 4 Man in hospital with potentially 'life-changing' injuries following stabbing
- 5 Changes made to St Peter's LTN after Packington Estate used as rat run
- 6 Rise in London Covid rates, but people aged 25-30 can book vaccine
- 7 Phone snatcher admits guilt after robberies in Islington, Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 8 Increased police presence in Islington after teenager shot in the head
- 9 Woman, 48, arrested over fatal stabbing of Islington flower seller
- 10 Largest beer garden in North London being built for Euro 2020